Cyrus Abbassi is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Cyrus focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financings and other corporate transactions with an emphasis on health care provider, veterinary, animal health and other regulated industry transactions.
He regularly represents private equity funds, portfolio companies, financial sponsors, physician practices, veterinary platforms, health systems, managed care organizations, management services organizations, telemedicine platforms and digital health companies in connection with a wide range of transactional and regulatory matters.
- Represented a national veterinary provider in one of the largest animal health transactions of 2021
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of two ophthalmology and retina platforms and numerous add-on acquisitions
- Represented a regional veterinary provider in its sale to a private equity-backed veterinary platform
- Represented a private equity fund in numerous growth equity investments across the healthcare and veterinary industries
- Represented the physician-practice arm of a national payor in numerous transactions and telemedicine roll-outs
- Represented a large multi-specialty physician practice in its sale to a private equity fund
- Represented a private equity-backed ophthalmology and retina platform in numerous transactions
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of an orthopaedic platform
- Represented several national veterinary aggregators in numerous transactions
- Represented a private equity fund in a growth equity investment in a specialty veterinary group
- Represented a private equity-backed dermatology platform in numerous transactions
- Represented several urology practices in sales to private equity-backed urology platforms
- Represented several national ambulatory surgery center platforms in numerous transactions
- Represented a gastroenterology group in its sale to a private equity fund
Ones to Watch - Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers, 2023-2024
- PE Hub, 10.13.2022
- Cyrus regularly speaks on topics relating to health care and animal health across various outlets.