Chris Bauer is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Chris represents clients in complex and high-stakes business litigation, in both state and federal courts and arbitrations; white collar defense; and corporate investigations. He has experience litigating claims involving the Administrative Procedure Act and constitutional law, as well as claims of copyright infringement, stolen trade secrets, and false advertising, among other things.
In addition to his practice, Chris serves on the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group for the Washington, D.C. office and serves as a Visiting Lecturer at the West Virginia University Chambers College of Business & Economics, where he annually teaches Health & Law to doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals pursuing MBA’s.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of West Virginia, where he prosecuted hundreds of cases, tried numerous cases to verdict, litigated appeals, and served as the Criminal Healthcare Fraud Coordinator. He also clerked for a U.S. District Judge and U.S. Magistrate Judge.
During law school, Chris served as an Executive Editor of the West Virginia Law Review, served as a co-captain of the Philip C. Jessup moot court team, and worked on behalf of indigent clients as part of his school’s Supreme Court Clinic.
- "The Role and Effect of Administrative Law on the Judicial Process," Readings on the American Judicial System, 2016 (book chapter)
- Co-Author, "Reductions in Force: Factors to Consider in Order to Avoid Liability to Laid-Off Employees," 36 Energy & Min. L. Inst. 375, 2015
- Keynote Speaker for Naturalization Ceremony, Martinsburg, West Virginia Location, April 2018
- Constitution Day Speaker, Martinsburg High School, September 2017
Member, The Federalist Society
Member, West Virginia State Bar
J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 2016, Executive Editor, West Virginia Law Review, Order of Barristers
M.B.A., West Virginia University, 2016
B.A., William Paterson University, 2013
- Law clerk to the Honorable Irene M. Keeley of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Trumble of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit