Christopher Bosch is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Christopher's practice primarily focuses on securities regulation, compliance, and litigation, as well as internal investigations and white collar defense.
Christopher frequently represents banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, boards of directors, corporate officers, financial advisors, and other securities professionals in connection with internal investigations and inquiries by the U.S. Attorney’s Offices for the Southern District of New York and Northern District of California, the SEC, the CFTC, FINRA, the IRS, the FRB, the NY Department of Financial Services, and other governmental entities and self-regulatory organizations. He counsels clients issues and allegations, including insider trading, trading and position valuation, misuse of confidential information, unauthorized trading, money laundering and BSA/AML issues, retail brokerage sales practice violations, criminal and civil tax violations, and legal challenges posed by emerging technologies, including data privacy, blockchain, and cryptocurrency.
Christopher represents organizations and individuals in connection with a wide variety of litigation, including grand jury and regulatory enforcement matters, as well as RICO, breach of contract, fraud, intellectual property infringement, and direct and derivative shareholder class actions.
Christopher is actively involved in pro bono work at the firm, including the representation of individuals seeking asylum in immigration proceedings.
- Law360, 08.16.2017
- New York Law Journal, 12.13.2016
- New York Law Journal, 02.08.2016
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "Third Circuit Reversal a Pyrrhic Win for SEC in Ongoing Statute of Limitations Saga," October 16, 2019
- "New York’s AG Enters the Cryptocurrency Ring as Federal, State Authorities Find Regulatory Footing," May 1, 2018
- "Second Circuit Limits Reach of SLUSA Preclusion in State Law Variable Annuity Class Action," April 26, 2018
- "Delaware Supreme Court Imposes New Limits on Stockholder Ratification Defense In Connection With Equity Incentive Plans," January 3, 2018
- "Second Circuit Holds that Contingent Equity-Based Compensation of Former Lehman Employees are Subordinate to Creditor Claims," June 21, 2017
- "New York Appellate Division Revives Non-Monetary Class Action Settlement in M&A Class Action with Revised Standard of Review," March 2, 2017
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "FINRA’s COVID-19 Response," March 20, 2020
- "Regulatory Moves Show Financial Watchdogs Working Smarter, if Not Harder," October 30, 2019
- "New York DFS Consumer Protection and Financial Enforcement Division: New Name, New Look, Old Mandate," May 29, 2019
- "SEC Issues Risk Alert on Customer Privacy Safeguards," April 29, 2019
- "Crypto Firms Make Inroads with State and Federal Regulators," October 30, 2018
- "New York’s AG Enters the Cryptocurrency Ring as Federal, State Authorities Find Regulatory Footing," April 30, 2018
- "New Legislation Introduced in 2017 Signals the Beginning of a Strong Push for AML Reform," February 28, 2018
- "FINRA Fetes Emerging Blockchain Technology at Industry Conference," July 27, 2017
- "Financial Regulators Take Note: The Supreme Court's Newest Member is a Tough Taskmaster," April 26, 2017
- "New York State Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation Poised to Reshape Existing Regulatory Landscape," January 31, 2017
- "SEC Steps Up Cybersecurity Enforcement with $1 Million Fine Against Morgan Stanley," July 7, 2016
- "Forward to the Past: NYSE Returns to Regulation," November 23, 2015
Eye on Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "New York State Department of Financial Services Proposes Cybersecurity Regulations for Financial Services Companies," September 21, 2016
Law of the Ledger: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Blog
- "Crypto Firms Make Inroads with State and Federal Regulators," November 7, 2018
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Notes & Articles Editor, Fordham Urban Law Journal; Associate Editor, Dispute Resolution Society; Mary Daly Scholar
B.S., Boston College, cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit