Charles Glover is a privacy and cybersecurity associate based in the New York office. He is a member of the Intellectual Property Practice Group and the Privacy and Cybersecurity Team.
Areas of Practice
Charles helps his clients navigate complex privacy and technology issues without losing sight of their business objectives. With his help, his clients are able to develop and implement dynamic strategies tailored to meet their needs. Charles regularly assists clients of all sizes and stages of development—from major financial institutions to small business entrepreneurs.
Charles works with organizations to respond to all stages of data breach, including to prepare cybersecurity measures, and to comply with domestic and international privacy regulations. Charles calls upon significant litigation experience to help his clients resolve disputes. He has represented clients before federal and state courts, regulatory agencies, as well as in formal and informal forms of alternative dispute resolution. Charles’ dispute resolution efforts have resulted in successful outcomes for a major sports franchise, well-known entertainment brands, and many others.
In 2021, Thomson Reuters recognized Charles as a Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Counsel to executors of a large, high profile estate in numerous concurrent federal and state lawsuits, as well as in connection with establishment of an independent claims resolution program.
- Counsel to large national bank in connection with data privacy and cybersecurity issues resulting from potential release of personal identifiable information, destruction of data center, and breach of security protocols.
- Obtained a significant settlement for the National Football League on claims of breach of contract and trademark infringement before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (S.D.N.Y.).
- Secured third-party discovery relief on behalf of the Walt Disney Company and Marvel Entertainment, LLC.
- Successfully obtained relief for major music brand before the American Arbitration Association on intellectual property violations.
- Represented client in the successful defense of an illegal search and seizure on Fourth Amendment grounds before the S.D.N.Y., resulting in dismissal of criminal charges.
- Obtained discovery in a foreign action for Michael Kors under 28 U.S.C. § 1782 before the S.D.N.Y.
* Includes some matters prior to joining Sheppard Mullin
- Co-author, “New York City Enacts Biometrics Law for Food and Drink Establishments, Entertainment Venues, and Retail Stores,” Troutman Pepper Insights (June 2021).
- Co-author, “Recent Decision Provides Support in War Against Counterfeit Sports and Entertainment Merchandise,” Haynes and Boone Media and Entertainment Law Newsletter (November 2014).
Privacy Law Blog Posts
- "Keeping Both Eyes on Cybersecurity," March 22, 2022
- "NYAG Issues Credential Stuffing Guidance," January 26,2022
- "Baltimore Blows By Brother Burghs with Big Biometrics Ban," September 14, 2021
- "FTC Signals Focus on Healthcare and Technology Platforms, Among Others," August 12, 2021