Charles Glover is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Charles' practice focuses on breach response, data privacy law, and intellectual property disputes. His representations cover a variety of clients, including national banks, domestic airlines, and entertainment companies.
Charles’ solutions-oriented focus and diverse experience allow him to develop and implement dynamic strategies tailored to meet his clients’ needs. He has helped clients of all sizes and stages of development—from major intellectual property owners to small business entrepreneurs—manage complex technology issues and business disputes before federal and state courts, regulatory agencies, as well as formal and informal forms of alternative dispute resolution. Charles also has significant pre-dispute experience. He works with clients to navigate and avoid legal pitfalls while still prioritizing their business needs. Charles is focused on the continuing evolution and development of the practice of law which gives him the ability to tailor the latest developments in legal technology to increase efficiency and add untapped value across all different types of representations.
- Counsel to executors of a large, high profile estate in numerous concurrent federal and state lawsuits, as well as in connection with establishment of an independent claims resolution program.
- Counsel to large national bank in connection with data privacy and cybersecurity issues resulting from potential release of personal identifiable information, destruction of data center, and breach of security protocols.
- Obtained a significant settlement for the National Football League on claims of breach of contract and trademark infringement before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (S.D.N.Y.).
- Secured third-party discovery relief on behalf of the Walt Disney Company and Marvel Entertainment, LLC.
- Successfully obtained relief for major music brand before the American Arbitration Association on intellectual property violations.
- Represented client in the successful defense of an illegal search and seizure on Fourth Amendment grounds before the S.D.N.Y., resulting in dismissal of criminal charges.
- Obtained discovery in a foreign action for Michael Kors under 28 U.S.C. § 1782 before the S.D.N.Y.
* Includes some matters prior to joining Sheppard Mullin
- Co-author, “New York City Enacts Biometrics Law for Food and Drink Establishments, Entertainment Venues, and Retail Stores,” Troutman Pepper Insights (June 2021).
- Co-author, “Recent Decision Provides Support in War Against Counterfeit Sports and Entertainment Merchandise,” Haynes and Boone Media and Entertainment Law Newsletter (November 2014).