Crispin Collins is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office. Crispin is a seasoned litigator with experience representing clients in state and federal court, before state and federal administrative agencies, and in various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Represented online dating service provider to high-net-worth individuals in putative class action filed in federal court under California’s Dating Services Contracts Act (Cal. Civ. Code § 1694, et seq.), Unfair Competition Law (UCL), and Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA). Prevailed on motion for summary judgment.
- Second chaired litigation on behalf of a top ten motor vehicle manufacturer regarding the termination of a dealer’s franchise agreement. The litigation involved multiple concurrent actions before California’s New Motor Vehicle Board, a AAA arbitrator, and California state courts. Prevailed in all venues, including the California Court of Appeal, which issued a published decision that established the first California precedent regarding the Motor Vehicle Franchise Contract Arbitration Fairness Act of 2001 (15 U.S. Code § 1226) as well as precedents regarding California Civil Code section 1642, California Code of Civil Procedure 1286.2, and California Vehicle Code sections 3060 and 11713.3.
- Obtained a $3.25 million default judgment on behalf of a paint manufacturer against the operator of a chain of automotive collision repair and refinishing facilities and the former majority owner of that business.
- Defended sundry breach of warranty and fraud cases, including both class actions and individual lawsuits, primarily under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act.
- Represented indigent clients pro bono in federal court and in administrative proceedings before the Social Security Administration, obtaining the reversal of decisions denying disability benefits and the award of back pay benefits.
Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, California Lawyers Association, 2021
J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 2016
B.A., University of Southern California, 2012, with honors, cum laude
- Clerk for the Honorable John D. Early and the Honorable David T. Bristow, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2017
- Extern for the late Honorable William F. Rylaarsdam, California Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division Three, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit