- J.D., Southern Methodist University, 2009, cum laude
- B.B.A., Howard University, 2003, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Cedric Powell is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Washington D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Powell practices in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Powell represents private and public companies, investment banks, and private equity firms in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and securities offerings. He has developed extensive expertise in acquisition transactions on behalf of private equity firms and other buy-out sponsors, as well as firms in aerospace, defense, technology, manufacturing, automotive and healthcare industries. Mr. Powell has represented both public and private sector clients in the United States and abroad.
- Represented Gryphon Investors and its portfolio company Transportation Insight in connection with its acquisition of Nolan Transportation Group (NTG), one of the largest and fastest-growing non-asset freight brokerages in the United States.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden (RLH) and its portfolio company, Illuminate Holdings, LLC, in connection with the acquisition of an analytics and cybersecurity business serving the intelligence and defense communities.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in connection with a majority investment in Transportation Insight LLC, a leading provider of enterprise logistics and transportation brokerage services.
- Represented Precision Medicine Group in connection with its acquisition of Ethos Communications, Inc.
- Represented an affiliate of Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: ADR) in connection with various commercial transactions involving providers of connected vehicle technologies.
- Represented Queensbridge Venture Partners, LLC in connection with the divestiture of its general partner interest in Queensbridge Fund I (a venture capital fund) to an affiliate of Cherry Tree Investments.
- Represented Belgacom International Carrier Services, S.A., a global provider of international wholesale connectivity and interoperability services based in Belgium, in connection with its acquisition of TeleSign Holdings, Inc., a leading communications platform as a service (CPaaS) company.
- Represented an affiliate of CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) in connection with an asset acquisition and joint venture transaction involving StreetSense, a leading Washington DC-based real estate brokerage and design firm.
- Represented TP ICAP in connection with the acquisition of Revelation Holdings. Inc. and its subsidiaries SCS Commodities and SCS OTC (an independent energy and commodities broker based in the U.S.).
- Represented Gryphon Investors (private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of Potter Electric Signal Company LLC, a provider of products for the fire safety industry.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners (a private equity firm) in connection with the acquisition of Tex-Tech Industries, Inc., a leading manufacturer of specialty high performance materials serving the aerospace, defense, industrial industries and select sporting applications.
- Represented Polaris Alpha (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its acquisition of Solidyn Solutions, LLC, a provider of satellite mission management, command and control systems, virtualization and cloud computing and large scale data processing systems to defense and intelligence agencies.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Molecular Products Groups, Ltd., a UK-based manufacturer of advanced chemistry-based products serving the healthcare, defense and industrial markets.
- Represented Polaris Alpha (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its acquisition of Proteus Technologies, Inc., a developer of mission critical technologies, software and solutions to the aerospace and defense sector
- Represented Oak Tree Development (a Washington DC-based real estate development firm) in connection with the negotiation of construction agreements and project finance arrangements for various real estate development projects in the Washington DC area.
- Represented United Flexible (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its acquisition of Kreisler Manufacturing Corporation (OTC: KRSL), a manufacturer of precision metal components and assemblies.
- Represented Tullett Prebon in connection with its acquisition of certain assets from Burton-Taylor International Consulting, LLC.
- Represented Interior Specialists, Inc. (a portfolio company of Littlejohn & Co.) in connection with its acquisition of Creative Touch Interiors, Inc., a leading provider of custom home interior design elements.
- Represented CACI International, Inc. (NYSE: CACI) in connection with its acquisition of the National Security Solutions business of L-3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LLL).
- Represented TeraLogics, LLC in connection with its auction process and sale to Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB).
- Represented Satori Capital (a private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of SunTree Snack Foods, a leading producer of branded and private-label nuts and dried fruit snacks.
- Represented Satori Capital in connection with its divestiture of Fort Worth Towers (FWT) to Sabre Industries (a portfolio company of Kohlberg), a leading manufacturer of highly engineered structures used for electricity transmission and distribution and wireless telecommunication.
- Represented Valesco Industries (a private equity firm) in connection with its acquisition of allgoods, a developer and manufacturer of specialty advertising and fundraising items for high school and corporate accounts.
- Represented Valesco Industries in connection with its acquisition of Sterling Foods, a producer of shelf stable baked goods for military and commercial accounts.
- Represented Darling International Inc. (NYSE: DAR) in its acquisition of a business unit from a Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (TSX: MFI).
- Represented AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC) in connection with its acquisition of a California-based billing and reimbursement services company.
- Represented AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC) in connection with its investment into an Indian generics manufacturing joint venture.
- Represented an affiliate of Mitsubishi Corporation (TYO: 8058) in connection with its investment in a joint venture with a Texas-based wind tower manufacturer.
- Represented the Texas-based general partner of a limited partnership restaurant consortium in connection with the recapitalization of the limited partnership.
- Represented Texas-based billing and reimbursement services provider in connection with the strategic acquisition of certain assets of its competitor.
- Represented a private investor in its investment in a Mississippi oil field service and equipment rental company.
- Represented a Texas-based construction company in connection with strategic acquisition of the assets of two of its competitors.
- Represented a Texas-based private equity fund in connection with the roll-up of a fuel distribution business into a multi-state fuel distribution joint venture vehicle.
- Represented a Texas-based metals recycler in connection with its contribution of assets into a joint venture with a European metals recycler.
- Represented a technology startup in connection with an initial liquidity event.
- Represented a national real estate development company in connection with the buy-out of its previous partner’s interest in a 28,000-acre master-planned community in Texas.