CJ Rundell is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office and a member of the Healthcare Team.
Areas of Practice
CJ advises healthcare corporations on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions and governance matters. His representative work experience includes representation of healthcare provider and management organizations, technology companies, commercial insurers, managed care organizations, Medicare Advantage health plans, nonprofit and for-profit health systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, and post-acute and sub-acute providers such as home health and hospice providers, and behavioral health providers.
CJ also provides regulatory guidance to a variety of healthcare clients, such as hospitals and health systems, provider groups, technology companies, telehealth providers, and insurers on myriad regulatory matters such as HIPAA privacy and security compliance, information blocking and interoperability implementation and compliance, physician contracting, healthcare fraud and abuse compliance and investigation, corporate practice of medicine compliance, licensure and accreditation, and Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and compliance.
Previously, CJ was a healthcare transactional and regulatory associate in the Chicago office of an AmLaw 100 law firm with a nationally-recognized healthcare practice.
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance, 08.25.2023
- The Practical Guidance Journal, Third Edition, 2023
- Law360, 08.15.2023
- Law360, 07.13.2023
- Law360, 06.29.2023
- Practical Guidance, 06.19.2023
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Sheppard Mullin’s Top 10 Takeaways from HLTH 2023," October 18, 2023
- "At HLTH 2023: The Digital Health Symphony, A Care Coordination Orchestra with No Maestro," October 10, 2023
- "At HLTH 2023: General Catalyst’s HATCo Introduces a Radically Ambitious and Transformative Model for Healthcare," October 9, 2023
- "HHS OIG Publishes Eagerly-Anticipated Federal Information Blocking Enforcement Final Rule," July 5, 2023
- "Laboratory and Pathology Information Blocking Concerns," May 12, 2023
- "Navigating Permissive State Laws in Light of the Federal Information Blocking Rules," February 27, 2023