Dane Brody Chanove is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Dane is a tenacious and proven advocate who focuses his practice on privacy and consumer class action litigation. He represents clients in a broad range of industries, including retail, healthcare, construction, e-commerce, and technology.
Dane’s experience includes privacy-related cases involving digital marketing, use of chatbots, wiretapping, telemarketing and call recording, data handling and sharing, and other consumer privacy matters. In addition, Dane litigates the ever-changing wave of claims dealing with auto-renewing subscription offers, e-commerce business practices, and federal & state consumer protection laws.
Dane also maintains a robust pro bono practice chiefly focused on advancing LGBTQ+ and other civil and human rights causes.
- CPO Magazine, 06.26.2023
- A Tough Roe to Hoe: How the Reversal of Roe v. Wade Threatens to Destabilize the LGBTQ+ Legal Landscape TodayUC Irvine Law Review, 05.2023
- Bloomberg Law, 05.02.2023
Privacy & Cybersecurity: Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "FTC Decision with Global Tel*Link Signals Expectations for Use of Testing Environments," November 29, 2023
- "Iowa Becomes Sixth State with Comprehensive Privacy Law," April 11, 2023
Retail Law Blog Posts
- "Lizama et al. v. H&M: A Lesson in Artful Crafting of Green Claims," June 22, 2023
J.D., University of California, Irvine, 2022, Senior Research Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2017, Distinction
- Extern to the Honorable Gonzalo P. Curiel of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California