Foreign Language Bio
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 1984
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1981
Domenic Drago is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office. He managed the firm's Del Mar office from 2000 to 2004 and was the firm wide Real Estate Practice Group's Leader from 2004 to 2016.
Areas of Practice
For over 30 years, Mr. Drago’s practice has included a wide variety of real estate and business transactions. He has extensive experience in real property purchase and sale, joint ventures, leasing and finance transactions. He represents owners and developers of residential subdivisions, multifamily developments, shopping centers, hotels and commercial and industrial office buildings. His finance experience includes both borrower and lender representation in the initiation, modification, purchase and sale and workout of real estate secured loans.
Mr. Drago’s transactions include the acquisition and financing of multifamily developments, residential land for the development of master planned, mixed-use communities, hotels, automobile dealerships, and office properties. He represents landlords and tenants in lease transactions involving office, research and development and retail space.
- The Irvine Company
- Public Storage
- Lehigh Hanson
- Genstar Communities
- JMI Realty
- Renasci Development
- San Diego Super Lawyer, 2015, 2016
- Southern California Super Lawyer, 2007-2014
- Legal 500, 2010-2016
Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented private equity real estate owner/developer in acquisition of multifamily and office projects totaling over $2 billion.
- Representation of private equity fund in formation of joint ventures for residential development projects.
- Supervised real estate team for City of Pasadena Rose Bowl renovation project.
- Represented buyer of a hotel in Hawaii involving the amendment and assumption of a CMBS loan.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and finance of urban infill, mixed-use development parcel.
- Represented global investment/finance company in connection with financing for regional natural gas power plant.
- Represented multifamily developer in the acquisition of real property, formation of a limited liability company and financing of apartment projects in Riverside, California.
- Represented regional home builder in acquisition of large tracts of land for master planned developments and disposition of lots to merchant builders.
- Represented office building investor in disposition of four building technology office campus.
- Represented affiliates of automobile manufacturer in connection with the acquisition and disposition of automobile dealerships and all related real estate transactions.
- Represented regional home builder in connection with acquisition, disposition and construction financing for various single family and multi-family residential projects.
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, NAIOP - San Diego Chapter
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Burnham Moores Center for Real Estate - Commercial Real Estate Committee