- LL.M., Boston University School of Law, banking, 1994
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1992
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, economics, 1988
David J. Gershon is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
David's practice focuses on securities and general corporate matters for financial institutions and technology companies, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, SEC reporting, securities offerings and corporate governance. David represents financial institutions, technology companies, underwriters and private equity funds in these matters. His corporate finance experience includes private placements, public offerings, PIPE transactions and at-the-market offerings. He also advises clients regarding bank regulatory matters, such as acquisition and control issues, holding company issues, nonbanking activities, the organization of de novo banks and supervision and enforcement matters. He has represented underwriters in equity offerings and private equity funds in their investment transactions.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, David served as general counsel of a NASDAQ-listed semiconductor company and its successor, a consumer electronics developer. He also served as the general counsel of a venture-backed software developer. As general counsel, David regularly advised executives and board members on a broad range of legal issues. He has also advised clients on a variety of intellectual property matters.
- Sheppard Mullin Adds New Corporate Partner to SF OfficeLaw360, September 21, 2017
- Panelist, “The Price is Right! An Interactive Session on M&A,” California Bankers Association 2017 Bank Presidents Seminar, January 14, 2017