- J.D., Georgetown University, 1986
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1980, highest honors
David Lee is a partner in the Corporate practice group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Lee has extensive experience in the representation of technology and emerging growth companies. His practice encompasses the formation, financing, corporate governance, intellectual property counseling and transactional fields. He has handled complex mergers and acquisitions, licensing and distribution arrangements, venture capital financings and strategic partnerships for a wide variety of public and private company clients in a wide range of industries, including software, ecommerce, semiconductors, computer peripherals, telecommunications and retail.
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies, Legal 500, 2013-2015
Representative Merger and Acquisition Transactions
- Represented Graphic Language in its sale to Zillow.
- Represented Wolfe Engineering, an electronics solution company, in its sale to Jabil Circuits.
- Represented Saffron Technology, an artificial intelligence company, in its sale to Intel.
- Represented Lex Machina, a technology company that provides intellectual property litigation and predictive analytics, in its sale to RELX US Holdings, a subsidiary of the RELX Group.
- Represented Graniterock in connection with its acquisition of Fonseca/McElroy Grinding Company.
- Represented Estate Assist, an application software company, in its sale to DocuSign.
- Represented Entwine Media, a systems software company, in its sale to Extron Electronics.
- Represented Manufacturing Networks, a semiconductor company, in its sale to Littlefuse Far East.
- Represented Zamurai in its sale to LogMeIn.
- Represented Amedica Biotech in its sale to Alere.
- Represented BringIt, a videogame company, in its acquisition by IGT.
- Represented mFoundry, a financial technology software company, in its $165 million sale to Fidelity National Information Services.
- Represented accounting firm Mohler Nixon in its sale to Moss Adams for $35 million.
- Represented Intel Assess, an educational software company, in its sale to Wireless Generation.
- Represented Viscira, a life sciences digital marketing company, in its sale to Sudler & Hennessy Group, a subsidiary of WPP.
Representative Private Financing Transactions
- Represented People Power Company, an internet of things company, in its Series B-1 financing.
- Represented Kitman Labs, a professional sports analytics company, in a bridge financing led by Blue Run Ventures.
- Represented Lex Machina in its $4.0 million Series A financing.
- Represented mFoundry in its $18.0 million Series E financing.
- Represented Celigo, an integration application software company, in its $8.3 million Series A financing.
- Represented Gamaya, a digital gaming company, in its Preferred Stock financing.
- Represented Eko Communications it its sale of Series A Preferred Stock.
- Represented Confident Technology, an internet security company, in its $2.8 million Series B financing.
- Represented San Francisco Wine School in its Preferred Unit financing.
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinarvia WebEx, April 20, 2017
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Seriesvia WebEx, March 17, 2016
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Seriesvia WebEx, February 19, 2015
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar SeriesVia WebEx, February 20, 2014
- Startup Negotiation Do's and Don'tsSeptember 24, 2013