Daniel Peters is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Dan has extensive experience providing strategic guidance to clients in connection with the purchase and sale of companies and business assets. He also counsels investors and issuers in venture capital, growth equity and similar investment transactions.
Dan regularly represents financial and strategic buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions transactions, and has substantial experience advising both investors and issuers in venture capital, growth equity and similar investment transactions. He also counsels companies in various legal aspects of their business operations and activities, including corporate governance and compliance matters. He advises emerging companies in various stages of growth, providing legal and strategic guidance in all phases from formation through exit.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of an online photography platform business.
- Represented a private equity firm in the acquisition of an online advertising business; subsequently represented the business in multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a cookware business.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company conducting a paint and sundries distribution business in multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a private equity firm in a carve-out acquisition of a nutritional supplements business.
- Represented a private equity firm in the combination of a portfolio company operating a candle and fragrance manufacturing business with another private equity-backed company conducting a similar business.
- Represented a private equity firm in the sale of a literary publishing business.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in the data mining and lead generation software business serving the automotive industry in various corporate and commercial matters.
- Represented a venture-backed renewable energy company in various corporate and financial transactions.
- Represented a leading national provider of title insurance and real estate services in:
- the acquisition of real estate tax service and flood hazard certification businesses;
- the acquisition of a publicly traded provider of employee screening services;
- the acquisition of a publicly traded provider of credit automation software and services;
- the acquisition of a minority stake in a now-publicly traded provider of information solutions for the residential mortgage industry;
- a joint venture with one of the largest title insurance groups in the United States to create an advanced title information delivery system;
- a joint venture combining a real estate information services business with the regional operations of a real estate title search company;
- joint ventures with several national financial institutions to provide real estate title insurance products and appraisal and settlement closing services; and
- numerous acquisitions of and investments in local, regional and national title insurance underwriters and agencies.
- Represented a manufacturer of dental devices in the sale of a controlling interest to a Japanese chemical company.
- Represented a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services in:
- the acquisition of a credit reporting business from a major financial institution;
- the acquisition of a home price index business;
- the acquisition of a supplier of geospatial property data and analytics;
- the acquisition of a venture-backed provider of collaborative cloud computing applications and architecture to the financial services industry;
- the acquisition of a leading online real estate-owned auction site;
- a joint venture with a residential mortgage financing corporation to provide real estate title insurance products and appraisal and settlement closing services; and
- the acquisition of a minority interest in a California-based provider of real estate services for banks and other sellers of foreclosed residential properties.
- Represented a virtual reality content provider in various corporate governance and finance matters.
- Represented a producer of unscripted television programming in its sale to a UK-based media company.
- Represented a provider of property appraisal services in the sale of its title insurance operations.
- Represented a British multinational diversified technology and engineering company in:
- the acquisition by its aerospace division of a manufacturer of equipment for use in mid-air refueling systems;
- the sale by its detection unit of a Germany-based biometrics division to, and acquisition of a minority stake in, a Florida-based biometrics company; and
- the negotiation and implementation of a manufacturing outsourcing arrangement in Mexico for its specialty engineering division with a premier administrative services provider.
- Represented a producer of window mannequins headquartered in France in its acquisition of a California-based mannequin manufacturer.
- Represented the management group of a California-based aircraft leasing and management company in its buyout of the aircraft leasing business of a preeminent arranger of aircraft financing transactions.
- Represented a producer of intermediate chemicals and specialty resins in Asia in its proposed acquisition of a petrochemical plant in Puerto Rico.
- Represented an action sports footwear and clothing company based in California in the sale of a division and related restructuring matters.
- Represented a diversified Mexican industrial company in its acquisition of various steel plants in California and the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented a global provider of systems and services to the aerospace industry in its acquisition of a California-based provider of telemetry, tracking and control services for space operations.
- Represented one of Japan's largest over-the-counter medicine providers in its acquisition of a group of companies operating in the same sector in Mexico and the United States.
- Represented the shareholders of a high-end carpet and rug maker based in California in the sale of the company to a Tennessee-based manufacturer of floor coverings.
- Represented a global risk management solutions provider in its acquisition of a Web-based property management software firm based in Maryland.
- Represented a venture-backed provider of direct-to-consumer mobile content in its proposed acquisition of a provider of access to on-demand book libraries.
- Represented a diversified offshore company in connection with a public-private joint venture to launch a national flag air carrier in Asia.
- Represented a content aggregator based in Asia in connection with its joint venture with several media producers and a multinational technology company to provide video-on-demand content for regional distribution.
- Represented an offshore sovereign wealth fund in its proposed joint venture with a major global hotel operator to acquire a landmark hotel property in California.
- Represented a major international financial services company in its entry into a joint venture for the purpose of standardizing a specification for payment acceptance devices.
- Represented an offshore venture capital firm in connection with various investments in the United States.
- Represented an offshore manufacturer of solar energy equipment in its investment in a California-based solar company.
- Pro bono representation of a non-governmental organization sponsored by a coalition of leading technology companies, nonprofit organizations and universities, formed to prevent Internet censorship and protect the Internet privacy rights of individuals, in connection with its formation and organization.
- Represented a customer management and outsourcing solutions company headquartered in California in connection with a secured credit facility arranged by a large national bank.
- Represented a UK-based automotive retail company in connection with loan facilities arranged by multinational banking and financial services companies.
- Represented a large international financial institution in connection with various credit and liquidity facilities supporting public finance transactions.
- Represented lessors in various equipment finance transactions involving commercial aircraft.
- Represented an apparel company based in Russia in connection with its expansion into the United States.
- Represented an architectural firm based in London in its engagement to design a multinational technology company's new corporate campus in California.
- Represented a California-based company producing and marketing ready-to-drink beverages with its startup and capital raising.
- Represented a government-owned telecommunications company in Asia in the establishment of a presence in the United States.
The Legal 500 US, M&A/Corporate and Commercial - M&A - Middle Market (sub-$500) 2016-2017
Member, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee – Business Law Section, American Bar Association
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1997
B.B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 1992