Eric Altman is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Eric has extensive experience in representing domestic and global clients in complex commercial real estate transactions on a national and local basis. Eric:
- Represents both banks and borrowers in all areas of commercial lending transactions, including acquisition loans, construction loans, and permanent financing and refinancing on all types of properties
- Represents clients in single and portfolio asset acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures and equity participations, distressed assets transactions, loan workouts, and purchases and sales of performing and non-performing loan portfolios.
- Assists clients with the acquisition, development, and disposition of commercial, industrial, retail, and office properties
- Represents clients in connection with large medical institutional facilities, clinics, assisted care facilities, and medical office buildings to help manage their healthcare-related real estate assets
- Represents both landlords and tenants in connection with all aspects of their commercial leasing, construction, and improvements
Eric's practice is national in scope, and he has completed representative transactions in almost every state.
Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019-2021
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "The Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA) Set to Expire Year End," December 17, 2014
- "Is Apple Leading a Health Management Revolution?" September 10, 2014
- "New York’s Health Information Highway – SHIN-NY – Get Involved as it Gets Rolling," August 8, 2014
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog Posts
- Law360, 12.03.2014
- Law360, 10.21.2014
- Law360, 06.10.2014
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1986, Notes and Comments Editor, Law Review, Arthur Gluckman Scholarship
B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1983, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York