- J.D., University of Missouri, Columbia, 2005
- B.A., Truman State University, 2000
- *Not admitted in District of Columbia; supervised by partners of the firm
Elfin L. Noce is an Associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office. He also is a member of the Privacy & Cybersecurity Team.
Elfin was previously in house counsel for Charter Communications in St. Louis, where he focused on privacy, cybersecurity, and technology matters. He handled issues including advising on internal privacy and security policies, breach investigation and response, drafting and negotiating security and privacy contractual requirements for vendors, and responding to legal requests for subscriber information. Prior to Charter, he worked on state regulatory issues, insurance law and health insurance compliance.
Eye on Privacy Blog Posts
- "Maine Passes Broadband Privacy Bill," June 12, 2019
- "Washington Enacts Restrictions on Applicant Wage and Salary Questions," June 10, 2019
- "Feds Want New IoT Guidance to Address Security Vulnerabilities," May 22, 2019
- "New Jersey Breach Notice Law Expands To Cover Online Account Breaches," May 16, 2019
- "Utah Requires Law Enforcement Search Warrants," May 14, 2019
- "Happy First Day of Spring! Ohio Insurance Law Effective Today," March 20, 2019
- "Cyber Concerns Lead to EU Recall of a Connected Kids Devices," February 13, 2019
- "Court Finds Cybersecurity-Related Claims Sufficient in Securities Class Action," February 6, 2019
- LTA/LCTA Annual Meetings & ConferenceMarch 1, 2019
- International Association of Privacy Professionals – Certified Information Privacy Professional/U.S.