State Aid Proceedings and Litigation
Produced by ERA Academy of European Law
The aim of this seminar is to provide practical legal training on procedural issues for practitioners involved in State aid cases.
- Procedural issues arising from administrative State aid proceedings before the European Commission
- Key changes after State Aid Modernisation
- Judicial review proceedings of State aid decisions in the EU courts and related challenges
- Recovery of unlawful or misused State aid
- Private enforcement of State aid rules
- Enforcement of EU State aid rules in national judicial proceedings
- Minimum requirements for national remedies and procedures set by EU law
Who should attend?
EU and national civil servants, lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel.
- Jacques Derenne, Partner, Sheppard Mullin, Brussels; Associate Professor, University of Liège
- Simone Donzelli, Case Handler, State Aid, DG COMP, European Commission, Brussels
- Leo Flynn, Legal Service, European Commission, Brussels
- Michael Niejahr, Head of Unit, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission, Brussels
- April Pelin, Case Handler, State Aid, DG COMP, European Commission, Brussels
- Kai Struckmann, Partner, White & Case, Brussels
- Vincent Verouden, Director, E.CA Economics, Brussels
- Michael Jürgen Werner, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Brussels
- Bernadette Willemot –Nieuwenhuys, Case Handler, State Aid, DG COMP, European Commission, Brussels