Contracting for Defense Technology Innovation: New Opportunities, Old Risks (San Diego)
Contracting for Defense Technology Innovation: New Opportunities, Old Risks
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Click HERE to register for this complimentary program.
Sheppard Mullin and PwC invite “traditional” defense contractors and “non-traditional” defense contractors -- commercial companies -- intrigued by DOD’s focus on new technology to a discussion regarding the emerging defense innovation sector. We will provide analysis and insight on DOD’s innovation outreach using commercial contracting methods, the related compliance and government contracting issues, as well as offer practical advice and helpful tools for working with the Department of Defense. Topics to be covered include:
- Intellectual Property and data rights and the unique considerations for government contractors and commercial companies pursuing opportunities in the defense innovation market space
- New Department of Defense initiatives for technology companies interested in doing business with the Government
- Regulatory and compliance considerations issues including administrative, accounting and recordkeeping requirements
Also hear from a representative from DOD as to what the innovation outreach program is all about, and how it is being pursued.
- Brian Sweeney, Special Counsel, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (San Francisco)
- Matthew Turetzky, Associate, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (San Francisco)
- Philip Koos, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC (New York)
- Sarah Van Fossen, Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC (New York)
- TBD, DOD Guest
Please contact Melissa Omphroy via email or phone 619.338.6503.