10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
This webinar will cover issues that California employers must face when managing a remote workforce of employees who “telecommute” for work. Due to the growing number of employees that work from home, California employers must know how to manage this new remote workforce in order to offer competitive career opportunities for a new generation of employees, while also being careful not to violate the complex California employment laws that govern these work arrangements. We will address topics such as:
- Pros and cons of telecommuting;
- Telecommuting agreements;
- Safety, injuries and workers’ compensation;
- Tax implications;
- Reimbursement of expenses;
- Meal and rest period compliance;
- Tracking time worked away from the office;
- Compensable drive time;
- Working from home as an accommodation for disabilities;
- Risks created from remote access to company infrastructure;
- Protection of confidential information and trade secrets;
- And much more.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1 hour of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.0 credit hour which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
By invitation only.
This complimentary program is intended for our clients and friends of the firm.
Questions? Please contact Melissa Omphroy via email or 619.338.6503.