Digital Media Law Forum - Rock Star Revolution
Click here to view a recording of this program on FORA.tv.
5:30 pm MCLE registration | 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Program
Nothing short of revolutionary. Within minutes online and little upfront cost, today's budding rock star can sell CDs/downloads on Amazon, an online marketplace of over 10 million shoppers, submit their music for play on Pandora, beloved Internet radio with audience of 16 million, aggregate fans on the hip social network imeem alongside chart-topping megastars, and join the myspacemusic/spinmagazine community.
Join us as we discuss the democratization of the music industry, digital pathways to fame, and the business and legal issues facing this new middle class.
- Tim Westergren, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora
- Nion McEvoy, Chief Executive Officer, Spin Magazine
- Steve Jang, Chief Marketing Officer, imeem
- Dana LoPiccolo-Giles, Co-Founder and Managing Director, CreateSpace, part of the Amazon group of companies
- Riaz Karamali, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Martine Paris, Director, Business Development, Strategic Content Partnerships
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1 hour of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.