Executive Compensation and Stock Options
Please join Sheppard Mullin for this month's Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar educating entrepreneurs and emerging companies on the key legal issues they face during the growth of their companies. These complimentary 1-hour webinars are held through GlobalMeet on the third Thursday of the month at noon. They will have both an audio and PowerPoint component.
Stock Options and Other Equity Compensation Arrangements for Start-Up Companies: Start-up companies have unique needs and issues related to implementing stock option and other equity compensation incentive arrangements for the company's employees and key service providers. This interdisciplinary presentation will highlight some of the many important tax, legal and accounting elements, including:
- Reasons to implement a stock incentive plan
- Types and features of equity compensation awards
- Key terms for the stock incentive plan and award agreements
- Common traps and pitfalls in operating a stock incentive plan
- Tax code section 409A and the significance of fair market valuation
- Rule 701, securities law compliance and income tax/financial accounting consequences
- Other administration issues including IRS rules on ISO annual reporting
Gregory C. Schick, Partner, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Click here to RSVP for this free webinar.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Visit our blog for up-to-date information on legal issues regarding VC & Emerging Growth companies.
This seminar complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.0 hour of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
MCLE attendance certificates will be distributed following the webinar upon completion of an evaluation.