Labor & Employment Law Update
LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Registration: 4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Program: 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
W New York
541 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
(3 blocks from Grand Central)
Click here for directions.
Managing large and small workforces against the backdrop of a challenging economy and a new presidential administration has raised several areas of concern within management-side, labor and employment circles. Please join our panel comprised of experienced Sheppard Mullin labor attorneys and in-house employment counsel for a discussion on how the labor and employment law landscape has changed through the first 100 days of the Obama administration.
This 1.5 hour complimentary seminar will be presented by:
- Jonathan Stoler, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Gregory Schick, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Lisa M. Lewis, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
- Eric Raphan, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
- Labor and employment cases pending before the U.S. Supreme Court and legislative updates;
- Executive compensation restrictions under the Troubled Assets Relief Program ("TARP") and other challenges to covered employers under the American Recovery Reinvestment Act of 2009 (also called the Stimulus Act);
- How to avoid layoffs and alternatives to workforce reductions;
- Managing fair employment practices in the wake of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act; and
- An update on the Employee Free Choice Act and what employers should be doing now to prepare for the potential changes to longstanding labor laws.
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider. Our application to become a State Bar of New York Continuing Legal Education provider is currently pending before the board.
Questions? Contact Meredith Greisman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 332-3838.