A GC’s Guide To Cyber Risk: Understanding The Questions To Ask And How To Evaluate The Answers
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. PST
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EST
Sheppard Mullin Panelist:
Cyber risk management is a difficult issue for most attorneys who advise businesses. It seems to be a technical risk, yet it will be the lawyer defending the firm's actions to regulators, in third party lawsuits, and to internal constituencies. With cyber threats increasing in volume and sophistication and a stricter regulatory framework around data privacy worldwide, cyber risk is a key concern for legal and risk leaders.
This presentation will cover the cyber risk landscape in 2021, covering highest-impact threats, most commonly targeted assets, and the methods used by threat actors (whether external or internal). The program seeks to help advisory council ask the right questions to understand a client's cyber risk and provides guidance on how to evaluate and verify answers they receive. The presentation guides counsel around five topics:
- "What do we have to protect?" Identifying the data and systems that need protection
- "Who holds our data?" Identifying and protecting against third party risks
- "Can we Identify a Problem early? "Reviewing internal detection processes and IR protocols
- "Are our risks properly managed?" Ensuring that risk is properly assigned to responsible parties in the business
- "Is help lined up?" Do we have in place resources needed in the event of an incident?
Click here for more information and registration.