Blue Bayou Movie Screening and Panel Discussion
Friday, May 13, 2022
5:00 p.m. Registration and Networking
5:45 p.m. Blue Bayou - Movie Screening
8:00 p.m. Panel Discussion
9:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
Capacity is limited, please contact Lindsey Jacobson to register.
Please join us in a screening of Justin Chon’s 2021 Cannes Film Festival Nominee movie Blue Bayou—a riveting depiction of an adopted Korean-American who suddenly learns that he is not a U.S. citizen and risks losing his wife, step-daughter, and newborn daughter if he cannot successfully fight deportation back to South Korea.
Afterward please stay for a panel discussion, featuring Korean-American adoptees, their stories, and our hopes to raise awareness for the Adoptee Citizenship Act, and what you can do to help.
A light Asian-inspired dinner along with self-service beer and wine will be served. Doors open at 5pm. Movie to start at 5:45pm.
- Esther Lee Bylsma (Moderator), Senior Associate, Schneider Wallace Cottrell Konecky LLP
- James Hurt, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
- Emily Howe, Attorney, Law Offices of Emily E. Howe
- Liani Reeves, Attorney, Bullard Law
- Dr. Joel Peterson, Vice Chancellor, Facilities Management, San Diego Community College District
This event is co-hosted by PALSD with Sheppard Mullin’s Diversity & Inclusion Attorney Network.
Click here for more information on Sheppard Mullin's Diversity & Inclusion Network.
Click here for more information on PALSD.
Questions? Please contact Lindsey Jacobson via email.