Strafford - Navigating the Right to Repair, Manufacturers' Use of IP Law to Impede Claims, Potential Anti-Competitive Effects
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel on right to repair claims and the use of IP laws to hinder the right to repair. The panel will address trademark, copyright, and trade secret law, as well as recent enforcement actions and guidance form the Federal Trade Commission, and the implications of each on right to repair claims. The panel will also discuss the manufacturers' procompetitive justifications for denying repair rights and whether the restrictions have potential anti-competitive effects. The panel will offer best practices for companies navigating the right to repair regulatory landscape.
- Right to repair claims
- Using IP rights to impede the right to repair
- Trade secret
- Federal Trade Commission enforcement actions and guidance
- Manufacturer justifications and anti-competitive effects
- Best practices for navigating the right to repair
- John Carroll, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Devlin Hartline, Legal Fellow, Hudson Institute Forum for Intellectual Property
- Daniel Murray, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd
Click here for more information and to register.