Beware: Private Equity Firms Facing Heightened False Claims Act and Antitrust Risks
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. PT
Complimentary Program via Webinar
*Webinar details will be sent upon registration.*
It is more important than ever for private equity firms to be proactive with efforts to mitigate emerging False Claims Act (FCA) and antitrust risks. As the government tries to protect the Medicare trust fund from insolvency, and whistleblowers seek financial windfalls from investors with “deeper pockets,” private equity firms need new strategies to protect their capital as they face increased exposure to potentially catastrophic FCA and antitrust liability through targeted investigations and lawsuits. Please join us as we discuss recent enforcement trends and how best to manage this new level of risk.
- Greg Smith, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Phil Kim, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Ann O'Brien, Partner, Sheppard Mullin - Formerly DOJ Acting Director of Criminal Enforcement, Antitrust Division
- David Douglass, Partner, Sheppard Mullin - Formerly DOJ Trial Attorney, Criminal Section, Civil Rights Division
- Jay Lynch, Executive Vice President, Alliant Insurance
This activity has been approved for Minimum 1 Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton is an accredited sponsor, approved by the State Bar of Texas, Committee on MCLE.
*You must attend the full webinar to receive credit.
- Click here for more information on Sheppard Mullin's Healthcare Team.
- Click here for more information on Sheppard Mullin's Private Equity Team.
- Click here for more information on Sheppard Mullin's Governmental Practice Group.
- Click here for more information on Alliant Insurance.
Questions? Please contact Maricela Alfonso.