Past, present, and future of design-build laws for New York public works projects and navigating legislation, procurement, and contracts.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM: Registration & Networking
9:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Panel Discussion
10:30 AM: Q&A
Light Breakfast to be provided.
Sheppard Mullin New York Office
Virtual Option Available
DBIA Members: $30
Non-DBIA Members: $40
Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) invites those involved in bidding, procuring, or negotiating design-build contracts for public works projects within New York State. This panel discussion will provide insight and updates on the following:
- Background and evolution of design-build law in New York
- Current statutes governing design-build in New York
- Discussion of owner-agency procurements and issues
- Discussion of contractor and design firm issues given the current procurement processes in New York public works projects
- How progressive design-build fits into the current framework
- Emily Anderson, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Christopher Archer, DBIA Assoc. – General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Yonkers Contracting Company Inc.
- Minelly De Coo, Deputy Director of Infrastructure, New York State Executive Chamber
- Jeff Moryl, Office Director, New York State Department of Transportation, Design-Build/Project Management Office
- Raymond Pinto, Vice President, Business Development, Parsons Corporation
- Kathy Tuznik, Deputy General Counsel, New York City Department of Design and Construction
DBIA Liberty Region www.dbialiberty.org
Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org