AI in Healthcare: Navigating Regulatory Challenges, Legal Considerations, Minimizing Risks When Using AI
As AI becomes ingrained in the U.S., many industries are considering what steps need to be taken to set guardrails for its usage. The CMS and HHS have outlined their stances on AI in their AI Playbooks. AI offers many benefits, but it does not come without risks. The use of AI in the highly regulated healthcare industry is not without its hurdles. HIPAA, Stark, AKS, and CMP present compliance challenges.
Additionally, the development and use of AI in healthcare requires consideration of issues such as the scope of practice, reimbursement, data integration and security, standard of care, and malpractice. Healthcare organizations, providers, and others must recognize that AI will impact the provision of care and address the legal implications of AI in the provision of healthcare.
Listen as our authoritative panel examines the current environment of AI in healthcare, regulatory issues and the current regulatory landscape involved when using AI, ethical considerations, and the pros and cons for providers and healthcare companies considering the use of AI.
- Use of AI in healthcare
- Legal considerations for healthcare organizations, providers, and hospital systems
- Regulatory challenges
- Scope of practice
- Data integration, exchange, and security
- Standard of care
- Risks of using AI
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are some of the legal considerations and risks when using AI?
- What standard of care applies when using AI in healthcare decisionmaking?
- How can healthcare providers minimize liability risks when using AI systems?
- Michael Sutton, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
- Sarah E. Swank, Attorney, On Belay Health Solutions
Click here to register.