What Contractors Need to Know about the CMMC Proposed Rule
At the end of December, DoD released its long-awaited proposed rule to establish the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Program. Please join the Coalition for a webinar on February 5 from 12:00 – 1:00pm EST as we host a terrific panel to discuss the proposed rule and address some of the questions contractors may be asking regarding what comes next.
- An overview of the proposed rule for CMMC and what contractors need to focus on first
- What the proposed rule resolves and what was left ambiguous
- The CMMC attestation and certification process and what to expect
- Impact of CMMC attestations on other cyber disclosure regulations (FCA, SEC, etc.)
- CMMC effects on supply chain management
- Timing of the rulemaking and when the rule likely will be effective
- Key issues for potential comments, e.g., use of cloud-based external services providers
- Special challenges for smaller businesses
- What this means for companies at Level 1 (with FCI) but not Level 2 (CUI), and COTS products suppliers
- Townsend Bourne, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Bob Metzger, Shareholder, Rogers Joseph O'Donnell
- Michael Gruden, Counsel, Crowell & Moring
Click here to register.