Employment Basics for Start-Ups
Presented by Jennifer Redmond, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Please join Sheppard Mullin for our monthly webinar series educating entrepreneurs and emerging companies on the key legal issues they face during the growth of their companies. These complimentary 1-hour webinars are held through WebEx on the third Thursday of the month at noon. They will have both an audio and PowerPoint component. Please join us for our next webinar on May 19th!
This webinar will highlight key employment law issues for emerging companies, including:
- Determining if you or other founders are bound by restrictive covenants (are you allowed to solicit former co-workers?)
- What not to take with you when you leave to start a new company
- Agreements that you should put in place with all new employees
- Ensuring at-will employment
- Getting it right with bonus and commission plans
- Identifying the federal and state laws that apply to your new company as you grow and complying with them
- Proper classification of employees and other wage and hour issues
- And more!
This seminar complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 1.0 hour of MCLE credit.
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider. MCLE attendance certificates will be distributed following the webinar.
The WebEx link and dial in will be e-mailed to you once you register. MCLE certificates will be distributed following the webinar.