Fashion & Apparel Confab-ulous
Our Confabs are informal networking events where you can “meet and greet” your peers in the industry followed by a short “hot topic” presentation by various industry experts.
The Use of Social Media in the Workplace
How to Maximize Commercial Success and Minimize Legal Risks
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Networking & Cocktails
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. The Use of Social Media in the Workplace
7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Networking & Cocktails/ Meet the Speakers
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, New York 10112
Social media applications such as blogs, social networking, and video sharing have soared in popularity and are now a valuable marketing tool and present in almost every workplace. Use of social media whether for business or personal purposes raises a number of questions regarding intellectual property and employees’ and employers’ respective rights and responsibilities. This program will discuss the legal risks associated with the use of social media and what can be done to ensure that social media is used effectively and properly.
- Assessing the opportunities that new technology can offer
- Structuring and activating social media campaigns while reducing the corresponding legal risk
- Crafting an effective social media policy
- Protecting your intellectual property and trade secrets
- Monitoring social media use by employees and using social media to make employment decisions
- Emerging litigation and regulatory trends
This CLE program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the Skills requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.