Access Denied: Employee Social Media Use and Potential Liability for Employers Who Attempt to Monitor or Regulate It
The faculty for this program will provide an overview of new and pending legislation prohibiting employers from seeking access to the social media accounts of current and prospective employees. In addition, they will discuss the potential liability facing employers for failing to comply with this new legislation.
The program will also address common questions that arise with respect to employee use of social media while at work and an employee’s use of social media to discuss what has occurred at work. In addition, certain decisions concerning employee use of social media and whether the employer’s reaction to such use was found to be lawful will be analyzed.
• Understand new legislation regarding employer access to employee or prospective employee social media accounts.
• Learn about the potential liability employers face for failing to comply with this new legislation.
• Understand what conduct is appropriate for employers when faced with an issue regarding an employee’s use of social media.
Bloomberg BNA is generously offering friends of Sheppard Mullin free registration for this webinar.
1. Navigate to the registration page for the program on the Bloomberg BNA website: click here.
2. Choose the "Live Webinar" option from the drop-down menu and add it to your cart (At this point, you may be asked to create an account if you do not have an existing one from having registered for prior programs.)
3. Type the promo code LGAUMKTG2 into the specified field. (Note: Cutting-and-pasting the promo code will not work. Please be sure to type in the code.) The dollar amount will be decreased to zero, and you can choose "Proceed to check out" to complete the process. An automatically-generated email will soon arrive containing connection instructions to be used on the day of the program.
Questions? Please contact Joanna Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 212-634-3076.