Not So Fast! Employment, Ownership and Privacy Concerns When Using Social Media for Business
Monday, April 14, 2014
6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Detati Digital Marketing
265 Caspian Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Today social media is endemic throughout every aspect of our lives. We all know generally that it provides businesses with opportunities to reach markets faster & more broadly than ever before. However, social media also poses risks for employers if not properly managed. Join us for a discussion of the latest legal developments, including:
- Who owns your social media - the company or the employee?
- Whose Twitter followers are they anyway?
- How to protect trade secrets in the age of social media and BYOD?
- Defamation – “I didn’t authorize that post!” How can businesses limit such risks?
- Can I fire an employee for Facebook posts? What does the NLRB say?
- Managing employee privacy expectations and ownership of social media?
- During this Meetup, Paul Cowie will share his perspective on these key implications of doing business in this age of social media.
To stay competitive as a marketer, you cannot afford to miss this important presentation on the future of business.