Employment Basics for Start-ups
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (PDT)
Please join Sheppard Mullin for our monthly Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Series educating entrepreneurs and emerging companies on the key legal issues they face during the growth of their companies. These complimentary 1-hour webinars are held through WebEx on the third Thursday of the month at noon. They will have both an audio and PowerPoint component.
This webinar will highlight key employment law issues for emerging companies, including:
- Determining if you or other founders are bound by restrictive covenants (are you allowed to solicit former co-workers?)
- Protecting your new company – agreements that you should put in place with all new employees – and founders
- Getting it right with bonus and commission plans
- For cause and without cause terminations and their impact on stock vesting
- Proper classification of employees – are they truly exempt?
- Independent contractor versus employee – what are the risks of getting it wrong?
- Compensation – an overview of the labyrinth of wage and hour laws
- Identifying the federal and state laws that apply to your new company as you grow and policies needed to comply with them
Presented by: Paul S. Cowie, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
To Join the Meeting:
Meeting Number: 714 954 960
Meeting Password: This meeting does not require a password
To start or join the online meeting CLICK HERE
(now from mobile devices!)
Call-in toll-free number: 1-800-901-9719 (US)
Attendee access code: 741613
Click here to add this meeting to your calendar
(i.e. Microsoft Outlook)
1.Go to https://soundpath.webex.com/soundpath/mc
2.On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
Questions? Contact Megan Showerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.815.2693.