Breakfast With Your Finance & Bankruptcy Lawyers
7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
This breakfast session is jointly presented by Sheppard Mullin and Bird & Bird LLP, and will look at the key issues to consider when structuring financings involving European counterparties and examine whether there are real benefits to be had by taking security over European assets.
Topics covered will include:
- Lending Structures: Can U.S. lenders (banks or funds) lend directly to European borrowers?
- Private Placement Markets: Are the private placement markets in Europe open to U.S. lenders? Schuldscheindarlehen, LMA or ?
- Security Packages: Do the complexities of taking European security outweigh perceived benefits?
- If Things Go Wrong: What is the relative position of a secured creditor in Europe? Does a secured creditor position in Europe provide lenders with tangible benefits?
- Tax Issues: U.S. tax laws that limit U.S. groups from granting European security and current US tax developments
This 1.5 hour complimentary seminar will be presented by:
John R. Bonn, Partner, Sheppard Mullin - New York
Dr. Michael Jüenemann, Partner, Bird & Bird LLP - Frankfurt
Isabel Evans, Partner, Bird & Bird LLP - London
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Contact Diana Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.653.8463