The Aerospace & Defense Forum: Developing Business In Today's Budget Environment
5:30 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. Registration & Networking
6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. Program
12275 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Identifying opportunities, structuring proposals, and ultimately, winning contracts has always been a complex process for DoD contractors; however, today's budget and procurement backdrops have fostered an increasingly competitive environment and created additional challenges for companies operating in the industry:
- LPTA Contract Awards
- Contract Consolidation - MAC and IDIQ Awards
- Increased Set Asides
- Bid Protests
Regardless, Small Business continues to be Big Business in the Federal Services Market. Small business prime contract awards have increased for the last three fiscal years and in FY 2014 accounted for $91.7 billion, nearly one-fourth of all federal contracts awarded. In addition, large business prime contractors subcontracted an additional 33% to small business.
This event will begin with a DoD budget update followed by a diverse panel of business development professionals, with perspectives ranging from large primes to small business, providing their insight into the business development process. We will address the contracting trends above with each individual offering their point of view on how to successfully navigate the current contracting environment.
- Dwayne Junker, Senior Advisor to the President, Epsilon System Solutions, Inc.
- Shirley Adams, Director, Engineering Services, SOLUTE
- Will Nevilles, Senior Vice President for C4ISR, Indus Technology, Inc.
- Matt Griesbach (Moderator), Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
About the Forum
The Aerospace and Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1400 individuals that provides opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.
- Attendance at this event is free for A&D Forum members, $30 for non-members until November 10 and $40 for non-members after.
- Light food and drink provided during networking.
- Parking is free--located next to both entrances of the building.
- Bring a business card--they will be duplicated and everyone will get a copy of all attendees' cards.
Questions? Contact Rheanna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.