Frank Falzetta is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office, and is Head of the firm's Insurance Team.
Areas of Practice
Frank focuses on insurance-related litigation, class actions and antitrust/unfair competition claims. Over the past 32 years, he has defended insurers in state and federal courts against claims for breach of contract, bad faith, fraud, unfair business practices and violations of state and federal antitrust laws. Most recently, Frank has defended a series of class actions brought against insurers for alleged breaches of policy provisions, violations of state insurance statutes and regulations and antitrust violations. He also represents both commercial and personal lines insurers in high-exposure bad faith cases and complex coverage litigation.
Professional Qualifications and Activities
Frank has received an AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating an attorney can receive for legal quality and ethics. He is also listed in Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys. He has been recognized as a “Client Service All-Star” by BTI Consulting (2020), a “Super Lawyer” by Los Angeles Magazine (2013 – 2021), and a California "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation (2015 – 2021).
Frank is admitted to practice in all state courts in California; the Federal District Courts for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California; the Federal District Court for the District of Arizona; and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Frank maintains memberships in the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the California Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
- Charles J. Vacanti, M.D., Inc. v. State Comp. Ins. Fund, 24 Cal.4th 800 (2001)
- Regional Steel Corporation v. Liberty Surplus Insurance Corp., 2014 DJDAR 7543 (2014)
- Advanced Network, Inc. v. Peerless Ins. Co., 190 Cal.App.4th 1054 (2010)
- Koszdin v. State Compensation Ins. Fund, 186 Cal.App.4th 480 (2010)
- State Compensation Insurance Fund v. Superior Court, 91 Cal.App.4th 1080 (2001)
- Scheffield Medical Group, Inc. v. Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, 70 Cal.App.4th 868 (1999)
- Cal. Shock Trauma Air Rescue v. State Fund, et al., 636 F.3d 538 (9th Cir. 2011)
- Winstead v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co. (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 14-35364) (2016)
- Perez v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co., et al., (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 13-16450) (2016)
- Copelan v. Infinity Ins. Co., (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth District, Case No. 16-55980) (2018)
- Littleton v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 82847 (W.D. Ark. Jan. 8, 2015)
- Ramos v. Liberty Mutual Fire Ins. Co., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 124784 (D. Nev. Sept. 3, 2014)
- Dlugitch v. Liberty Mutual Fire Ins. Co., 2014 WL 1870818 (C.D. Cal. April 22, 2014)
- Moore v. Safeco Insurance Company of America (United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 12-56459) (2013)
- Safeco Insurance Company of America v. Thomas, 2013 WL 12123852 (2013)
- Golden Eagle Insurance Corporation v. Lemoore Real Estate and Property Management, Inc. (California Court of Appeal, Fifth Appellate District, Case No. 2nd Civil No. F061735) (2012)
- Kolhase v. Safeco Insurance Company of America, (United States Court of Appeals, Case No. 11-55138) (2012)
- Henstorf v. Wellpoint Health Networks, Blue Cross of California, State Compensation Insurance Fund, (California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Case No. B210943) (2009)
- Bristol Hotels & Resorts, et al. v. American Home Assurance, et al., (California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District) (2002)
- Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting, 2020, 2022
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2015-2022
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2013-2022