Frances Hernandez is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group and the Office Managing Partner of the firm's Orange County office.
Areas of Practice
Frances represents employers in all areas of employment law, including wage and hour, class and representative actions, discrimination and harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, disability, leaves of absence, employment policies, and government agency audits, investigations and charges.
Frances’ practice includes representing clients:
- In state and federal courts and in arbitration against claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour violations, retaliation, wrongful termination, and breach of contract.
- Before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- In wage and hour class actions and representative actions under the Private Attorneys General Act.
- Before the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Frances also advises clients on developing proactive compliance solutions and litigation avoidance strategies. Frances assists clients with matters such as:
- Auditing wage and hour policies and practices.
- Updating and developing employee handbooks, personnel policies and procedures, and employment and severance agreements.
- Conducting internal investigations of employee complaints.
- Advising human resources in addressing employee issues.
The diversity of Frances’ practice enables her to effectively represent clients from a wide range of industries, from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- "New U.S. DOL Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare Workers," June 24, 2021
- "UPDATE: SCOTUS Denies Petition For Cert In Iskanian," February 2, 2015
Member, Orange County Bar Association
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2011, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Hamilton Fellowship
B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2008, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District for the Central District of California