Golnaz Yazdchi is a partner in the Private Wealth and Fiduciary Litigation group in the firm’s Century City office
Areas of Practice
Golnaz’s practice focuses exclusively on disputes over trusts, estates, conservatorships and other fiduciary matters. She represents individuals, corporate trustees, private professional fiduciaries, and families in various litigated matters including, will and trust contests, breach of fiduciary duty cases, accounting actions, judicial construction and modification of trusts, elder abuse actions, and contested conservatorship proceedings.
Golnaz is part of a unique, nationally-recognized team representing clients in some of the most high-profile, celebrity, and complex trust and estate disputes in the country. Recently, Golnaz was part of a team that, according to ESPN, “won a decisive legal victory to prevent a coup attempt” for the Los Angeles-based Lakers basketball team.
Golnaz is also active in the community, and dedicates her time in pro bono matters. She is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA), Trust and Estate Section, and serves as a volunteer member of the California Lawyers Association Trust & Estates Executive Committee, responsible for summarizing new case authority for members of the California Lawyers Association Trust and Estate section.
Ones to Watch — Litigation: Trusts and Estates, Best Lawyers, 2021-2023
Southern California Rising Star — Trust & Estates Litigation, Super Lawyers, 2018-20222
- California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, 04.2015
- Bringing Beneficiaries to the Mediation Table: Drafting Enforceable Trust Provisions Requiring Mediation of Disputes During Post-Death Trust AdministrationCalifornia Trusts and Estates Quarterly, 12.2014
- “Mock Trial: Real Estate Mismanagement (With Demonstration of Direct and Cross),” Fox Rothschild Fiduciary Attorney Summit, Santa Barbara, California (October 30, 2021)
- “When Tax, Estate and Business Planning Collides with the Interests of Family Members: Ethics Traps and Tips” 47th Annual Notre Dame Tax & Estate Planning Institute, virtual (October 21, 2021)
- “Beware the SLAPP: Anti-SLAPP Litigation and Its Implication on Enforcing No Contest Clauses,” South Bay Estate Planning Counsel, Los Angeles, California (March 11, 2021)
- “Section 730 Experts” 2020 Aviva K. Bobb Advanced Court Appointed Counsel Training, Los Angeles, California (November 2020)
- "Assessing Capacity on a Sliding Scale: A Look Into Retrospective and Contemporaneous Evaluations," 45th Annual USC Trust & Estate Conference, Los Angeles, California (November 2019)
- "Assessing Capacity: What You Need to Know as a Trusts and Estates Litigator," California Lawyers Association, Webinar (November 2019)
- "AB 1290: Whose Privilege Is It Anyway?" 2018 Aviva K. Bobb Advanced Probate Volunteer Panel Attorney Training, Studio City, California (November 2018)
- "The ABCs of Estate Planning, Trust and Estates Litigation," UCLA Law Women Lead, Costa Mesa, California (October 2018)
- "Are you there Client? It’s me, Your Lawyer: Representing Clients with Diminished Capacity," Inland Empire Estate Planning Council, Redlands, California (November 2017)
- "Representing the Incapacitated Business or Property Owner," Fiduciary Attorney Summit, Lake Tahoe, Nevada (January 2017)
Volunteer, Executive Committee of the Trusts and Estates Section of the California Lawyers Association (CLA)
Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trust and Estates Section
Board Member, Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council