Harrison Kang is an associate and foreign legal consultant in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Seoul and New York offices.
Areas of Practice
Harrison focuses his practice on litigation, cross-border disputes, and internal investigations. He has represented clients in complex commercial matters, claims brought under the False Claims Act, product liability / toxic torts cases, corporate disputes, government contract bid protests, administrative appeals, arbitration proceedings, government investigations, claims involving legal malpractice, and intellectual property litigation. He has experience managing and conducting electronic discovery, first-chairing depositions and court hearings, and engaging in motions practice.
- Representation of a Korean bank in connection with potential U.S. sanctions violations.
- Representation of a shipping and logistics company in a suit against a whistleblower plaintiff relator who alleged that the company caused the submission of improper fuel surcharges to the federal government for reimbursement in violation of the False Claims Act.
- Representation of a leading natural gas and oilfield services company in a toxic tort case before a federal district court, in which the plaintiff alleged personal injuries as a result of exposure to hydraulic fracturing chemicals.
- Representation of client in Daubert motion to exclude the plaintiff’s toxicologist in a toxic torts case brought before a federal district court.
- Representation of government contractor in Board Rule 11 proceedings before the Armed Forces Board of Contract Appeals.
- Representation of government contractor in bid protest proceedings before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims concerning the cancellation of contracts to recover defaulted student loans.
- Representation of government contractor in bid protest proceedings before the U.S. Government Accountability Office concerning a contract to provide analytical services of nuclear waste.
- Representation of Canadian organization in arbitration proceedings before the World Trade Organization regarding the validity of country of origin labeling of meat products.
- Represented and chaired hearings before the Baltimore Immigration Court to obtain asylum for Cameroonian political refugees.
- Hydraulic Fracturing Survives First Jury Trial TestInternational Association of Defense Counsel, 06.2014
- New Developments in Securities Litigation in Major Developments in SEC Enforcement06.2015
- Global Legal Chronicle, 05.22.2019
- Overview of U.S. Litigation, The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea - O.K. Academy, Seoul, June 2017
- Anti-Corruption & Risk Mitigation (FCPA, UKBA & KYA), In-House Counsel Forum, Seoul, November 2016
J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2012, cum laude
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2008, magna cum laude
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Brian Holeman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Republic of Korea (Foreign Legal Consultant for U.S. Law)