Harrison Kang is a special counsel and foreign legal consultant in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Seoul and New York offices.
Areas of Practice
Harrison focuses his practice on serving Korean and other companies on a wide array of legal issues. Harrison has experience representing clients in the following areas:
- Bank Regulatory and U.S. Sanctions– Advise financial institutions and companies regarding U.S. federal and state banking, U.S. sanctions laws and anti-money laundering, and U.S. securities laws and regulations.
- U.S. Litigation and Dispute Resolution– Disputes in U.S. federal and state courts in complex commercial matters, including claims brought under the False Claims Act, product liability and toxic torts, corporate governance, administrative appeals and intellectual property.
- White Collar Defense and Investigations– Domestic and cross-border investigations and inquiries by the U.S. Attorney’s Offices, New York Attorney General’s Office, OFAC, and banking regulators such as New York Department of Financial Services and the Federal Reserve.
- Corporate – Advise Korean companies in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and investments.
- Representation of Korean financial institutions and holding companies in connection with regulatory filings with the New York Department of Financial Services and the Federal Reserve.
- Representation of a clothing and shoe company in a dispute with its distributor in a case filed before the California Superior Court.
- Representation of a leading accounting firm in the dismissal of case filed before the California Superior Court alleging claims of fraud.
- Representation of Korean conglomerate in $260 million sale of a prominent clothing and shoe company.
- Representation of Korean banks in connection with potential U.S. sanctions, anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act violations.
- Representation of a shipping and logistics company in a suit against a whistleblower plaintiff relator who alleged that the company caused the submission of improper fuel surcharges to the federal government for reimbursement in violation of the False Claims Act.
- Representation of a leading natural gas and oilfield services company in a toxic tort case before a federal district court, in which the plaintiff alleged personal injuries as a result of exposure to hydraulic fracturing chemicals.
- Representation of client in Daubert motion to exclude the plaintiff’s toxicologist in a toxic torts case brought before a federal court.
- Representation of government contractor in Board Rule 11 proceedings before the Armed Forces Board of Contract Appeals.
- Representation of government contractor in bid protest proceedings before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims concerning the cancellation of contracts to recover defaulted student loans.
- Representation of government contractor in bid protest proceedings before the U.S. Government Accountability Office concerning a contract to provide analytical services of nuclear waste.
- Representation of Canadian organization in arbitration proceedings before the World Trade Organization regarding the validity of country of origin labeling of meat products.
- The National Law Review, 11.25.2019
- Hydraulic Fracturing Survives First Jury Trial TestInternational Association of Defense Counsel, 06.2014
- New Developments in Securities Litigation in Major Developments in SEC Enforcement06.2015
- Legal Times, 11.21.2023
- Global Legal Chronicle, 05.22.2019
- Overview of U.S. Litigation, The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea - O.K. Academy, Seoul, 2017-2020
- Anti-Corruption & Risk Mitigation (FCPA, UKBA & KYA), In-House Counsel Forum, Seoul, November 2016
Foreign Language Bio
J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2012, cum laude
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2008, magna cum laude
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Brian Holeman, Superior Court of the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Republic of Korea (Foreign Legal Consultant for U.S. Law)