Jennifer Lee is a partner in the Corporate and Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Groups in the firm's Los Angeles and Seoul offices.
Areas of Practice
Jennifer enjoys a global practice representing public and private companies in a variety of industries, including entertainment and media, technology, manufacturing and financial services.
Jennifer has represented companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private equity and debt offerings, venture capital investments, strategic alliances and other general corporate matters. In addition, Jennifer has advised entrepreneurs and start-up ventures in connection with formation and general corporate matters. Jennifer has also counseled public and private companies in all aspects of corporate governance.
- Represented buyers, sellers and investment advisors in public and private mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented companies and investors in private placements of equity and debt securities.
- Represented Rizvi Traverse Management in a going-private transaction of Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
- Assisted in the representation of RealD Inc. (NYSE: RLD) in its initial public offering.
- Represented a television network in its acquisition of a music television network and various other corporate matters.
- Represented the world’s largest independent producer of reality and unscripted television in its acquisition of a controlling interest in a reality production company.
- Represented a Korean mobile game company with respect to various corporate matters.
- Represented a French media company in its acquisition of a U.S.-based entertainment production company.
- Represented a German inspection company in its acquisition of a U.S.-based safety consulting firm.
- Represented a private equity fund in numerous investments and exits.
Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2020-2021
Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015, 2017
Recipient of the Jeffrey S. Turner Outstanding Commercial Law Student Award, 2007
- Houston Business Journal, 07.09.2019
- Law360, 02.26.2016
- "An Overview of Motion Picture Co-Production Deals: China-Korea Co-Production Treaty," Busan International Film Festival, October 5, 2014
- "Anatomy of a M&A Purchase Agreement," Korean In-House Counsel Forum (KICF), May 22, 2014
- Sheppard Mullin - Los Angeles, 11.14.2019
- G Star Global Game Exhibition Conference, Busan, Korea, 11.21.2014
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2007, Co-Chief Managing Editor of the Asian Pacific American Law Journal
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2004, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa