- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003, Journal of Law and Policy in International Business
- M.B.A., Ohio State University, 2000
- B.S., Ohio State University, 2000, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Jeffrey Gardner is a special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Jeffrey concentrates his practice on transactional and securities matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital investments, financings, and Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 compliance. Jeffrey has represented public and private clients in many different industries, including basic materials, biotech, finance, hospitality, and technology. He also advises entrepreneurs and start-up ventures in connection with formation and general corporate matters. Jeffrey has also counseled public and private companies in all aspects of corporate governance.
- Recognized as an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers
- Represented owner of CauseForce, Inc. in sale of 50% of the company to Bregal Partners
- Represented OmniForce, LLC in multiple roll-up acquisitions of race events and a cross border acquisition of event production company
- Represented OmniForce, LLC in sale of for-profit race business
- Represented Edgewater Growth Capital Partners in million acquisition of American Piping Products
- Represented National Surgical Care in several roll-up acquisitions of majority interests in ambulatory surgery centers
- Represented Ridge Capital Partners in its acquisition of WeCare Organics and WeCare Transportation
- Represented Solo Cup Company in divestiture of Hoffmaster division to private equity investors
- Represented StandardVision, LLC in note purchase financing transaction with Eldridge Capital
- Represented Parlano, Inc. in its sale via merger with Microsoft, Inc.
- Represented Sarvega, Inc. in its sale via merger with Intel
- Represented SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc. in purchase of IP assets from a privately held South African software company
- Represented a subsidiary of John Deere in its acquisition of GeoVantage
- Represented BOP, LLC in sale of shopbop.com to Amazon.com, Inc.
- Represented Stats, LLC in its acquisition of PA SportsTicker, Inc.
- Represented Fitch Risk Management in million cross-border acquisition of Algorithmics Incorporated
- Represented Targeted Molecular Diagnostics, LLC in sale of the company to Quintiles Transnational Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Nuseed Holding Co. in its acquisition of Seeds 2000, Inc.
- Represented Oxford Capital Partners, LLC in multiple acquisitions and sales of hotel properties
- Represented Mandalay Baseball Properties, LLC in acquisition of the assets of the Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Represented Toter, Incorporated in its sale via merger to Wastequip, Inc.
- Represented Aligned Equity Partners, LLC in million acquisition of the assets of American Bin & Conveyor
- Represented Advance America, Cash Advance Centers, Inc. in acquisition of private financial services company
- Represented Advance America, Cash Advance Centers, Inc. in going private transaction
- Represented HGDS Acquisition LLC in its acquisition of certain assets of Hub Group Distribution Services, LLC
- Represented Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. in its acquisition of The Security Professionals, Inc. and Security Services USA, Inc.
IPOs/Venture Capital Transactions
- Represented shareholders of Advance America, Cash Advance Centers, Inc. in IPO
- Represented SourceCode Technology Holdings, Inc. in series b and series c venture financings and related tender offer
- Represented Chromatin, Inc. in series b and series c venture financings
- Represented Firm58, Inc. in series b and series c venture financings
Real Estate/Hospitality Joint Ventures
- Represented Oxford Capital Partners, LLC in multiple joint ventures with capital partners for the acquisition, development, and operation of U.S. hotel properties
- Represented Geolo Capital II, L.P. in multiple joint ventures with developers for the acquisition, development, and operation of U.S. and foreign hotel properties
- Represented Quadrum Global in multiple joint ventures with developers for the acquisition, development, and operation of multiple properties to be developed into hotels, apartment complexes, and mixed-use developments
- Represented Cachet Hotel Group in master franchising agreement with Wahlburgers Franchising International, Inc.
- Represented Cachet Hotel Group in venue licensing agreement with Playboy Enterprises International, Inc.
Venture Law Blog Posts
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association