Jodi Goldberg is an associate in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Jodi’s practice is focused on technology and telecommunications, with a particular emphasis on satellite, space, wireless, and new technologies. Jodi advocates for clients in FCC and NOAA regulatory proceedings, advises on licensing, allocation, and transactional matters, and counsels clients on new technologies and services. Jodi has experience with managing global managed-networks, including working with regulators in foreign markets, supervising outside counsel and consultants, and ensuring on-going compliance.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Jodi was an associate in the telecommunications, media, and technology group of a major law firm. She also worked in-house at both late stage startup and established satellite telecommunications companies.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and the preparation of comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other administrative agencies.
- Assists clients seeking authorization from domestic and foreign regulatory bodies to launch and operate Geostationary and Non-Geostationary Satellite Orbit satellite systems, as well as Earth stations, to serve U.S. and international markets.
- Counsels telecommunications and satellite clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Represents satellite clients in market access, broadband (infrastructure and connectivity) funding, spectrum fee, and orbital debris mitigation matters before domestic and foreign regulatory and legislative bodies.
- Supports business expansion into international markets.
- Negotiates and drafts complex customer, provider, and service agreements, including licensing provisions and conditions.
FCC Law Blog Posts
- "ALERT: FCC Chairwoman Rosenworcel Announces Plans to Create a Space Bureau," November 3, 2022
- "Spacing Out for Resiliency – Why Satellite Technology is Vital to Resilient Networks," March 30, 2022
- "ALERT: NTIA Seeks Public Comment on Implementation of Upcoming Broadband Grant Programs," January 10, 2022
- "Captain’s Blog: Fly Me To The Moon," October 14, 2021