Jason Hoggan is special counsel in the firm's Dallas office and the Deputy of the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations Practice Group.
Areas of Practice
As a former federal law enforcement agent and an experienced litigator, Jason understands what is at stake when individuals and corporations face government investigations, criminal indictments or complex civil disputes. Using a strategic and detail-oriented approach, he seeks to resolve these high-stress problems and their collateral consequences in a practical and efficient way while minimizing their impact on the client’s business and reputation.
Jason represents individuals, organizations and corporations in white collar defense and internal investigations, from discovery through sentencing, including factual and legal research and motion practice. He regularly works on matters involving healthcare fraud and securities enforcement and has significant experience in matters arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and False Claims Act. He also conducts significant corporate criminal investigations in a wide range of industries.
Jason has represented multiple Fortune 500 companies, and he routinely works in conjunction with the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. He also is experienced with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance and training.
Before completing law school, Jason worked for six years in the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations. As a special agent and Air Force officer, he conducted felony-level criminal investigations on individuals subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, directed investigations of suspected terrorists detained in Guantanamo Bay Prison and managed counterintelligence collections affecting Air Force assets and personnel worldwide.
Ones to Watch — White Collar Criminal Defense, Best Lawyers, 2021-2024
- Law360, 12.05.2022
- SEC Shifts Focus on Employees’ Off-Channel Business Communications to Investment AdvisersThe Texas Lawbook, 11.22.2022
- The Texas Lawbook, 06.27.2017
Corporate and Securities Law Blog Posts
- "SEC Shifts Focus on Employees’ Off-Channel Business Communications to Investment Advisers," November 11, 2022
- "Fifth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Section 14(a) Complaint For Failure to Plead Facts Demonstrating Alleged Omissions from Proxy Statement Were Misleading," August 25, 2020
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
- "Corporate Voluntary Self-Disclosure (VSD) of Criminal Activity: More of the Same or a Real Sea Change?," February 23, 2023
- Speaker, “White Collar Criminal Defense Overview,” State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division, September 27, 2023
- Speaker, “A Potpourri of the Latest & Greatest in the White Collar World,” State Bar of Texas Paralegal Division, September 27, 2023
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2012
B.S., United States Air Force Academy, 2005, Outstanding Cadet Honors
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas