Jeff Kaye is an attorney in the Corporate Practice Group.
Areas of Practice
Jeff has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, growth investments and joint ventures. He also advises clients on a wide range of corporate law issues. His clients range from large public to emerging growth companies in a variety of industries, including aerospace, electronics, health and financial services, as well as private equity funds.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Northrop Grumman Space & Mission Systems Corp. in its acquisition of Illgen Simulation Technologies, Inc., an information system analysis and software engineering services company focusing on modeling and simulation development and applications.
- Represented Natel Engineering Company, Inc. in the acquisition of Hytek Microsystems Inc., a manufacturer of microelectronic assemblies.
- Represented The Boeing Company in the sale of its commercial electronics operating unit to BAE Systems Controls, Inc.
- Represented the special committee of the board of directors of Raytel Medical Corporation, in its sale to SHL Telemedicine Ltd., an Israeli corporation.
- Represented New Century Warehouse Corporation in its acquisition of assets from Access Lending Corp.
- Represented Allen Technologies, a leading provider of interactive education and entertainment systems to hospitals, in the sale of equity to Fundamental Capital ATI Investors.
- Represented Bison Capital Structured Equity Partners, LLC in a debt and equity investment in Metagenics, Inc., a leading provider of medical foods and nutraceuticals to medical practitioners worldwide.
- Represented RAD Technologies, LLC, a company specializing in custom cable assemblies, assembly of complex printed circuit boards and over-molded embedded electronics, in its sale of equity to Chrysalis Ventures II, L.P. and Palisade Private Partnership II, L.P.
- Represented ResMAE Financial Corp., a wholesale specialty mortgage company, in its sale of equity to TH Lee Putnam Ventures.
- Represented MoonScoop S.A.S., a leading children’s and animation company, in its joint venture with Mike Young Productions, a UK- and U.S.-based independent animation studio.
- Represented Harris Freeman & Co. in its joint venture with Tetley USA.
- Represented Universal Studios in its joint venture with The Daily Grill.
- San Diego Daily Transcript, 09.23.2008
- Positioning Your Company for Sale: The Use of Sale Event Bonuses or "Phantom Stock" to Motivate Your Key Employees07.30.2003
- Bison Capital Invests in Miva With Sheppard Mullin’s CounselDaily Journal, 07.11.2017
- Member, State Bar of California
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, magna cum laude, Moot Court Honors Program, Trial Advocacy Award
B.A., Yeshiva University, summa cum laude