Jennifer N. Le is an associate in the Governmental Practice Group in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Jennifer boasts a varied practice geared towards providing excellent legal advice and counsel to her clients. This includes litigating complex business disputes, leading and managing investigations, developing corporate compliance programs, and providing white collar defense.
In the litigation arena, Jennifer has extensive experience litigating matters in both federal and state courts, including managing cases from their inception to trial/settlement. She frequently represents individuals, organizations, municipalities, nonprofits, and companies/corporations in matters dealing with the False Claims Act, California’s Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law, public and governmental policies, environmental torts, trade secret misappropriations, digital media issues, real estate disputes, and corporate internal affairs and fiduciary obligations. With keen expertise in e-discovery and data analytics, Jennifer leads discovery efforts with an eye towards both efficiency and meticulousness. Jennifer prides herself in her ability to manage large-scale discovery, which includes responding to discovery demands, handling extensive document productions, and engaging in discovery motion practice. Jennifer has also second-chaired a probate and corporate matter in trial that led to a multimillion dollar settlement for her clients.
In the government contracts and investigations realm, Jennifer has conducted numerous investigations and audits involving healthcare fraud (e.g., backdating, up-coding, unbundling, etc.), kickbacks, falsified claims and certifications, pricing manipulation, money laundering, bank fraud, consumer fraud, antitrust, bribery, and internal control compliance issues. As part of these investigations, she has also formulated and helped companies implement corrective action plans, and assisted clients in making voluntary disclosures to government agencies and enforcement officials when necessary.
Jennifer believes that the best defense is oftentimes the best compliance program. Over the years, she has developed compliance programs and advisory packages to help her clients navigate difficult and complex laws, including anti-corruption laws, political gifting and gratuities regulations, and procurement protocols. By first analyzing corporate risks and performing due diligence, she then drafts appropriate policies and contract language to insulate companies from potential liability. In terms of general counseling, Jennifer has counseled companies on legal issues related to the Internet, domain names and IP addresses. She has also helped companies structure business models to comply with the latest cannabis regulations.
Jennifer also maintains an active pro bono practice, which includes providing representation for asylees and defense for a pediatric program for disabled children. She has also led a legal survey analyzing potential state discrimination against individuals seeking home care services.
- Represented a multinational gas and oil corporation in a multi-district gas leak and contamination case that ultimately led to a highly favorable settlement for the client on the third day of trial
- Obtained a favorable dismissal for a Fortune 100 client in a real estate and breach of contract dispute
- Second-chaired a breach of fiduciary duty and corporate governance dispute that led to a multimillion dollar settlement for the client following trial
- Represented several private equity individuals in a breach of contract matter and employment dispute, resulting in a multimillion dollar settlement for the clients
- Defended municipalities against tort liabilities on the basis of inspection immunity, resulting in settlement
- Successfully opposed a petition for appointment of a provisional director in a corporate governance matter
- Defended a technology company and its employees in an FCA matter that led to a dismissal
- Defended a social media company and its CEO in a matter involving breach of contract and unfair business practices, resulting in settlement
- Obtained favorable settlement terms for a government contractor in a breach of contract and procurement matter
- Currently representing a major food corporation in a trade secret misappropriation matter related to frozen rice recipes
- Led a parallel investigation for a Fortune 500 technology and security company based on a whistleblower’s allegations related to conflict of interest, pricing manipulation, fraud and falsified certifications
- Ran an investigation on a nonprofit accused of manipulating sponsorship and charitable funds
- Directed an investigation for a food company based on allegations of anti-competition and improper procurement efforts, including potential bribery
- Managed an investigation for a government defense corporation related to potential FCA violations, including falsified certifications, labor mischarging, and misallocations of costs
- Conducted investigations for healthcare corporations accused of fraudulent medical billing practices, including kickbacks, backdating, upcoding, un-bundling
- Steered an investigation on a cannabis company’s banking and accounting practices
- Conducted an investigation into a card processing company accused of UCL and FAL violations
- Compiled and provided a 50-state (including their municipalities) survey of the political gifting and gratuities regulations for a government contractor
- Counseled and built a compliance program to assist an education company’s sales team properly interact with government and public clients
- Counseled and provided advisory packages to a Fortune 500 cloud and technology company regarding the legality and property status of legacy IPv4 addresses
- Counseled and built compliance program related to anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws (domestic and foreign) for a Fortune 100 technology company
- Advised technology and education companies on FOIA, CPRA and other public record disclosure laws
- Advised and provided advisory packages for cannabis-based companies on anti-banking fraud and anti-money laundering policies
Cannabis Law Blog Posts
- "The House Does It Again: MORE Act Ready for Senate Action," April 4, 2022
- "SAFE Banking Act of 2021: Where Are We on Cannabis Banking Change?," September 16, 2021
Government Contracts Law Blog Posts
- "The CARES Act – Who’s Minding the Store?," April 9, 2020
- "Gifting Goods & Services to the U.S. Government in the Wake of the Coronavirus Outbreak," April 1, 2020
- "Fool Me Twice…SEC’s latest Cyber-Fraud ROI Indicates Future Enforcement Against Hacker Victims," November 28, 2018
- "FCPA Accounting Provisions Have Teeth: Halliburton to Pay $29.2 Million to Settle FCPA Charges," September 26, 2017
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2015, Senior Editor, Asian American Law Journal; Co-Chair, Asian Pacific American Law Student Association; Volunteer Coordinator, Coalition for Diversity; Member, Board of Advocates Appellate Team; Competitor, McBaine Honors Moot Court Competition
B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2011, magna cum laude
- Extern to the Honorable Christina A. Snyder, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California