Jared LeBeau is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Jared’s practice focuses on insurance litigation, in particular first-party and third-party insurance bad faith, coverage disputes, class actions, insurance fraud, and unfair business practices. Jared has represented insurance companies at all stages of litigation, including depositions, case-dispositive hearings, mediations, and trial. Jared also has advised clients on issues related to general claims handling and investigation, policy interpretation, as well as defense and indemnity obligations.
Mr. LeBeau has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of insurance coverage and bad faith cases at all stages of litigation, including the pleading stage, dispositive motions, and trial.
Notable Recent Experience
- Second-chaired a 2-week jury trial victory in a breach of contract and bad faith lawsuit arising out of an underlying fire loss involving the partial destruction of a rental property.
- Won arbitration award of over $18 million in favor of insurer client against third party claims administrator in dispute over bad faith liability exposure for over $20 million underlying personal injury judgment.
- Won dismissal on the pleadings of an insured’s fourth attempt to sue insurer client for bad faith denial of property damage claim.
- Won summary judgment establishing non-coverage of a $3 million commercial general liability policy for an underlying $21 million construction defect judgment against the insured.
- First-chaired a trial victory for client seeking grant of asylum based on her persecution in her home country.
- Second-chaired a 4-week trial of an uninsured motorist bad faith claim.
- Successfully defended an insurer against a lawsuit alleging the bad faith denial of a $60 million warehouse fire claim made under a commercial general liability policy.
- Second-chaired a trial victory in an unlawful detainer matter.
- Allstate Insurance Company
- GEICO General Insurance Company
- Infinity Insurance Company
- OneBeacon America Insurance Company
- QBE Insurance Corporation
- Wawanesa General Insurance Company
San Diego Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018-2020
- Daily Journal, 10.24.2013
Insurance Law Blog
American Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association
American Inns of Court – Louis M. Welsh Inn
J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2013; magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; San Diego Law Review
B.S., Marist College, 2009; summa cum laude
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jennifer L. Thurston of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Clerked for the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California