- J.D, Harvard University, 1986, cum laude
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1983, summa cum laude
Jon Newby is the Vice-Chairman of Sheppard Mullin. He is the former leader of the Corporate Practice Group as well as former Managing Partner of the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Although Mr. Newby's practice historically has been focused on mergers and acquisitions and the representation of private equity sponsors, he now devotes 100% of his time to Firm management. As a member of the Firm's management team, Mr. Newby focuses on the implementation of the Firm's strategic plan as well as the operation and growth of its practice groups, industry teams and offices. He has significant responsibility for the Firm's lateral partner recruiting efforts. Mr. Newby works closely with the Chief Practice Management Officer with respect to the Firm's initiatives in that area.
- Texas lawyer, November 30, 2018
- Law360, August 14, 2018
- World Intellectual Property Review, April 17, 2018
- Law360, April 16, 2018
- Texas Lawyer, April 16, 2018
- Sheppard Mullin Adds Partners To Corporate PracticeLaw360, August 15, 2017
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Section)
- Member, State Bar of California (Business Section)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Business Section)