IP Docketing Specialist
The Orange County office of Sheppard Mullin is seeking two IP Docketing Specialists, with 3+ years' patent and/or trademark prosecution docketing experience.
Position Summary: The IP Docketing Specialists will be maintaining accurate and up-to-date databases of due dates and information on all client matters which pertain to patent, trademark and copyright matters. These positions will report directly to the IP Docketing Manager and will work closely with the IP attorneys and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review all incoming client mail (including U.S. Mail, e-mail, courier packages, faxes) for the IP group that relates to patent and trademark matters to determine due dates or reminder dates that need to be entered into Firm's computerized docket databases
- Process and forward information regarding each date entered into docket databases to the appropriate individuals
- Enter all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into docket databases. Annotate all entries as appropriate
- Review PTO EFS/TEAS filing receipts and outgoing correspondence and update docketing database accordingly by closing/adding appropriate docket dates
- Prepare daily docket reports for attorneys and staff
- Follow up on daily dockets to ensure that they have satisfied all the day's due dates; inform IP Docketing Manager and Responsible/Billing attorney if any have not yet been satisfied by close of business each day
- Update all information in docket databases on a daily basis as indicated by attorney or as indicated from client correspondence
- Assist other docket specialists in double-checking to ensure all dates docketed by that specialist are accurate
- Regular, predictable, and timely attendance.
- Knowledge of and experience with docketing software such as CPI, Inprotech, Foundation IP, IP Manager, PATTSY, Patricia
- Minimum of 3 years of comprehensive patent and/or trademark prosecution docketing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with resources such as PAIR and other International IP law databases
This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in these roles. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for the job.
The firm offers a professional working environment and competitive salary and benefits. Interested applicants may e-mail resume and salary requirements to CS.LA@sheppardmullin.com. EOE