- J.D., Santa Clara University, 2003
- B.A., Bryn Mawr College, 1990
Jennifer Renk is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Jennifer’s practice focuses on land use and environmental law, with particular expertise in the California Environmental Quality Act. She advises clients on the regulatory and political hurdles facing development projects across California, with an emphasis on commercial, residential, mixed-use, and high tech projects.
Over the course of her career, Jennifer has worked on a diverse range of projects, including Facebook’s Menlo Park Headquarters, the Bohannon Development Group’s Menlo Gateway mixed-use project, the Peninsula Humane Society’s new campus in Burlingame, and numerous independent school projects and residential developments.
Jennifer works in the firm’s San Francisco and Palo Alto offices so that she can best serve clients pursuing entitlements around the Bay Area. She has helped clients entitle projects throughout the Peninsula, the East Bay, San Francisco, and beyond.
Prior to attending law school, Jennifer worked as District Director for U.S. Representative Ellen Tauscher. In that capacity, she devised the congresswoman’s district strategy, served as her primary point-of-contact in the community, and advised her on land use, transportation, and other public policy issues. Before that, she worked for U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer in a number of capacities.
Jennifer’s unique political experience serves clients navigating entitlement projects through highly politicized environments.
- Northern California Super Lawyer - Land Use/Zoning, 2014-2018
- The US Legal 500 - Land Use/Zoning, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Northern California Rising Star - Land Use/Zoning, 2009-2013
- Best Lawyers - Real Estate Law, 2019
- SummerHill Homes/SummerHill Apartment Communities – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for residential projects in Santa Clara, Burlingame, Mountain View, and South San Francisco, CA.
- Wood Partners – Land use advice for projects in San Francisco and Oakland, CA.
- Hanover Company – Land use advice for projects in San Jose and Oakland, CA.
- Anton Development Company – Land use advice for project in Mountain View, CA.
- Integral Communities – Land use advice for project in Union City, CA.
- Trammell Crow Residential – Entitlements for projects in Oakland and Milpitas, CA.
- Carlyle Group – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for office project in Mountain View, CA.
- Dewey Land Company – Land use advice for office project in
- Bohannon Development Company – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for an approximately 1 million squarefoot, mixed-use project in Menlo Park, CA.
- Centrum Properties – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for redevelopment of 500,000 square-foot GSA warehouse in South San Francisco, CA.
- Trammell Crow Company – Land use advice for projects in San Jose, CA.
- Hillbrook School – Land use advice for conditional use permit amendment in Los Gatos, CA.
- Crystal Springs Uplands School – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for new middle school campus in Belmont, CA.
- Phillips Brooks School – Land use advice for conditional use permit amendment in Menlo Park, CA.
- The Carey School – Land use advice for conditional use permit amendment in San Mateo, CA.
- Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for adoption facility in Burlingame, CA.
- Startup:Education – Land use advice for school campus in East
Palo Alto, CA.
- Facebook – Entitlements and CEQA clearance for headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- LinkedIn – Land use advice for headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
- FPG Development Group – Land use advice for projects in San Mateo and Sunnyvale, CA.
- No 'Common Interest' Privilege in CEQA Cases: Communications Between Developer and Agency Lawyers Belong in the Administrative RecordJuly 15, 2013
- SCOTUS Rules in Favor of Private Property RightsJune 25, 2013
- Special Coverage: Real Estate - Despite a sagging market, California has seen some major real estate developments in the past yearLos Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal, July 27, 2011
- Global Warming | Local Planning | SB 375October 8, 2008
- San Francisco Enacts Green Building OrdinanceAugust 11, 2008
- Attorney General Announces Global Warming SettlementAugust 22, 2007
- Attention Developers: Your Tentative Map May Be in Jeopardy - Or May Have ExpiredCalifornia Real Property Journal, Spring 2004
Real Estate, Land Use, & Environmental Blog Posts
- Presented by San Francisco Business TimesFairmont, San Francisco, September 15, 2016
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association (SPUR)