James Wesley "Wes" Fischer is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Wes focuses on corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. He represents private and public companies and private equity firms in acquisition transactions in industries such as aerospace and defense, technology, manufacturing and healthcare.
- Represented Octo Consulting, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a premier provider of emerging technology and IT modernization services for the Federal Government, in its combination with privately held, Fairfax-based Sevatec, a leading provider of mission-critical software development solutions and digital modernization services to the Federal Government.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of J&J Worldwide Services, Inc., a leading provider of mission-essential, preventative maintenance activities to critical U.S. Federal Government sites through its Healthcare and Medical Solutions, Mission Support Solutions and Engineering Solutions segments.
- Represented Aegis Technologies Group (an engineering & technology firm serving space superiority, directed energy, missile defense and intelligence communities) in its acquisition of EMRC Heli, a firm specializing in the design, rapid prototyping, manufacture, integration, test and support of multiple fixed and rotary-wing small Unmanned Aerial Platforms.
- Represented Astra Capital Management in connection with its majority investment in DartPoints (an owner and operator of edge colocation data centers).
- Represented Quantum Spatial, Inc. (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners and a leading full-service geospatial provider in North America) in its sale to NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) for $303 million.
- Represented Astra Capital Management in connection with its equity investment in Communications Technology Services (CTS), a provider of wireless infrastructure services.
- Represented the senior executive team of Morphe Holdings (a global beauty company) in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in the company by General Atlantic (a global private equity firm).
- Represented Molecular Products (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in its acquisition of The O.C. Lugo Co., Inc.
- Represented Octo Consulting Group, LLC (a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners) in connection with its acquisition of Connexta, LLC, a global leader in open source software development and secure discovery solutions for government and commercial customers.
- Represented Precision Medicine Group in connection with its acquisition of ProMedDx LLC.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Octo Consulting Group, Inc., a provider of mission-critical solutions for the Federal Government including software development, cloud, infrastructure, blockchain and other emerging technologies.
- Represented Micropact, Inc., a leading provider of specialized, vertically oriented case management and business process management applications for government, in its sale to Tyler Technologies, Inc., (NYSE: TYL) for approximately $185 million.
- Represented CACI International Inc. (NYSE: CACI) in connection with its acquisition of Mastodon Designs, an expert in design and manufacturing of rugged signals intelligence (SIGINT), electronic warfare (EW) and cyber operations products and solutions.
- Represented Molecular Products Group, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners, in connection with its acquisition of the SODASORB business, including absorbents used in removing carbon dioxide from anesthesia systems, saturation diving chambers, diving re-breathers and industrial safety equipment.
- Represented Precision Medicine Group in connection with its acquisition of Stern Investor Relations, Inc.
- Represented SCM Group, an Italian multinational company in machinery and industrial equipment and parent company of CMS North America, as U.S. counsel in connection with the acquisition of Diversified Machine Systems (DMS), a leading U.S. designer, manufacturer, distributor of CNC (computer numerical control) machinery, including plastics and composite materials applications.
- Represented Precision Medicine Group in its acquisition of ApoCell, Inc.
- Represented CACI, Inc. – Federal in connection with its acquisition of the systems engineering and acquisition support services business of CSRA LLC, a unit of General Dynamics Information Technology Inc.
- Represented Precision Medicine Group in connection with its acquisition of Ethos Communications, Inc.
- Represented Zemax, LLC, a leader in virtual prototyping software for optical product design and a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners, in connection with its auction sale to EQT Partners, a global investment firm.
Corporate & Securities Blog Posts
- "Impacts of Covid-19 on Closing M&A Transactions," March 18, 2020