Ken Fox is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy Group in the firm's Orange County Office and Co-Leader of the Real Estate Finance Team.
Areas of Practice
Ken’s practice focuses on several types of commercial lending transactions, including unsecured loans and loans secured by real and/or personal property. Ken represents various lending clients, including national banks, local and regional banks, publicly traded companies, debt funds, life insurance companies and other lenders in all aspects of real estate finance, with an emphasis on construction lending, syndicated loan transactions, distressed real estate workouts and remedy enforcement. His experience includes the financing, foreclosure and restructuring of permanent, construction, acquisition and bridge loans secured by all types of real estate assets, including office, hospitality, retail, condominium, multi-family, industrial and land development projects, mixed-use projects and shopping centers.
Ken’s practice also focuses on the financing of affordable housing construction projects. He is particularly experienced in representing lenders in tax-exempt financing of affordable housing projects and tax-exempt and taxable bond transactions, including lenders who purchase multifamily housing revenue bonds in private placements.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with a $77 million syndicated loan to finance the construction of a 295-unit Class A apartment project in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with a $33 million syndicated construction loan to finance the construction of a 100-unit apartment project in Los Angeles, CA.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with two cross-collateralized facilities – one a $11,300,000 bridge loan and the other a $45,700,000 construction loan, each secured by mixed-use properties in Los Angeles, CA.
- Represented institutional lender on a $20,000,000 bridge loan secured by a retail center in Saratoga Springs, Utah.
- Represented institutional lender as the private placement purchaser of $85,000,000 in taxable and tax-exempt bonds to fund construction of an affordable housing project in San Jose, CA.
- Represented institutional lender as the private placement purchaser of $70,000,000 in taxable and tax-exempt bonds to fund construction of an affordable housing project in Sacramento, CA.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with a $35,895,000 loan to finance the construction of a 121,000 square foot speculative creative office building in Austin, Texas.
Finance - Corporate Restructuring, Legal 500, 2015
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2006
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 2002, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa